Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Residence Permit  (Read 2598 times)

BoBHofmans

Residence Permit
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »
First of all, I checked your search machine for \"Residence Permit\" and it came up with nothing.
So, please, can one of you \"old dogs\" tell me in layman\'s language how to go about obtaining a residence permit and is it advisable to get one?
I mean, what are the advantages? Can I buy land or a car and have it in my name?
I\'m a Dutchman, working in a tourist resort in Spain, so I\'m on R&R during the 5 winter months which I spend in the Philippines.
I\'ve been flying up and down for the last 6 years, got married in 2003 in CDO.
Every October I get a balikbayan stamp for 1 year at the airport. Every March we \"check out\" again.
This could go on for a million years if it were not for the fact that I\'m 67 and sure will want to retire one day in the near (or not so near ;D) future.
Any suggestions? (Pls don\'t copy a mile long info chart from the bureaucracy!)
Bob

@Keith, I can\'t seem to find your \"Meet thy neighbor\" topic where I could introduce myself and bore you no end!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Residence Permit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »
Bob,

This is where you\'ll find info about the ACR and 13a.  Both things you\'ll want to know about if you plan to reside in the RP and are married to a Filipina.

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=58.0

Also, if you want to post an intro, go here:

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0

Welcome aboard!

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Re: Residence Permit
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
First of all, I checked your search machine for \"Residence Permit\" and it came up with nothing.
So, please, can one of you \"old dogs\" tell me in layman\'s language how to go about obtaining a residence permit and is it advisable to get one?
I mean, what are the advantages? Can I buy land or a car and have it in my name?

Bob

@Keith, I can\'t seem to find your \"Meet thy neighbor\" topic where I could introduce myself and bore you no end!

I see my buddy, GrayWolf has answered for me on the \'Meet your Neighbours\', so I will look forward to seeing you bore us :-\\ Check out the info on \'Non Quota Visa\' known as a 13a, if married to a Filipina, on the link GrayWolf gave. Simple answer to your question is, NO you can\'t own land  but you can have your name on the Title as married to a Filipina. That gives little by way of rights though. As for a car, yes you can. Read up on the subjects contained in the various boards & ask away on any questions.