Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Infant visa question  (Read 3232 times)

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Infant visa question
« on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »
I,m a believer in preparing for the future, and just thought,... if, when the time comes, and I,m no longer here, would my wife be able to take our kid back to the Philippines and live there if she should wish to do so ? My wife has Indefinite leave to remain in UK, and kid was born here, so will be classed as a UK citizen. Do Philipina women need to go through all the visa proccesses that I read about on these posts to allow their \"foriegn\" kids to live permanantly in Philippines?
Just a though !

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

oldmalthouse

Re: Infant visa question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »
if you wife is a Philippine citizen then your children can become registered as Philippine citizens and hold Philippine Passport (as well as British passport).
We did this for our children before the dual nationality law came in.
This means they can own land in the Philippines, and inherit land.
It is a straight forward matter to register their birth and obtain a Philippine passport.
Contact the Philippine consulate at the Embassy.
All the forms and details are on their web site.

cheers

Martin

shadow

Re: Infant visa question
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »
Go here, it should answer some of your questions;

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2003/ra_9225_2003.html

Larry in Dumaguete