Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Driving and Vehicles in RP

Getting A Valid Driver License

(1/3) > >>

:
I got mine in Carcar, Cebu. They wanted to see my California driver license and my USA passport. I took a simple drug test (urine sample). No road test. I went there in a multicab and walked in. I had to wear a collared shirt for the 2 photos.

I got a paper temp license. The permanent one came about 5 months after.

Application Fee: 25.00
Conversion Fee: 30.00
License Fee: 180.00
Comp Fee: 52.80

Total (in pesos): 287.80

Valid for 2 years, expires on my birthdate

Rusty:

--- Quote from: aerosick on April 19, 2006, 06:55:03 PM ---I got mine in Carcar, Cebu. They wanted to see my California driver license and my USA passport. I took a simple drug test (urine sample). No road test. I went there in a multicab and walked in. I had to wear a collared shirt for the 2 photos.

I got a paper temp license. The permanent one came about 5 months after.

Application Fee: 25.00
Conversion Fee: 30.00
License Fee: 180.00
Comp Fee: 52.80

Total (in pesos): 287.80

Valid for 2 years, expires on my birthdate

--- End quote ---

Billy,

I was going to post that $287.80 seemed expensive for a license until I saw that it was in pesos. ;D

Rusty

:
I got my plastic license after only 2 days which includes photo & signature.

PeteinCebu:
That is the problem, Billy, when getting you license in one of the outlying towns. They don\'t have the equipment to make the license right there, as they do at Cebu City LTO. I also got mine in a couple of days. But, as often happens, when their printer malfunctions, or the internet connection to Manila goes down, you are out of luck. Then they just issue you the temporary license. Of course, my speedy processing may also have been due to the LTO legal officer being first cousin of a good friend of mine :)

Gray Wolf:
Hi everybody!  Here\'s a link to the Land Transportation Office, Department of Transportation and Communications for more detailed information.

http://www.lto.gov.ph/index.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version