Living in The Philippines > Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines

ACR-1 Card / Philippine ID card

(1/2) > >>

tbevan:
My wife is a duel Philippina / US Citizen. When we were in the Bacolod last month, extending my visa, the immigration officer said my wife should apply for an ACR-1 Card (I think thats what she said) or what ever ID a citizen carries. She told us the Philippine Passport is nothing more than a \"travel document\" and it would be best to apply for an ID card. She also said the embassy should of gave her an application when she got her duel citizen re-instated. It was never a problem travelling but Id like to look into it. 

I thought the ACR-1 Card was for foriegners.

My question is what card is it and can she apply for one here in the states so we have in in hand next time we go home.  I looked on line but could not find an application

Any spouses out there have a similiar situation?

:

--- Quote from: tbevan on January 03, 2008, 07:39:10 AM ---My wife is a duel Philippina / US Citizen. When we were in the Bacolod last month, extending my visa, the immigration officer said my wife should apply for an ACR-1 Card (I think thats what she said) or what ever ID a citizen carries. She told us the Philippine Passport is nothing more than a \"travel document\" and it would be best to apply for an ID card. She also said the embassy should of gave her an application when she got her duel citizen re-instated. It was never a problem travelling but Id like to look into it. 

I thought the ACR-1 Card was for foriegners.

My question is what card is it and can she apply for one here in the states so we have in in hand next time we go home.  I looked on line but could not find an application

Any spouses out there have a similiar situation?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, some of the immigration officers seem to get their facts wrong, an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) is only for foreigners. A Philippine passport is a perfectly good form of ID, but there are several others that are worth getting. My wife has now collected a Postal ID, SSS (Social Security System), TIN (Tax Identification Number) and Barangay clearance. I would also recommend going to the NSO (National Statistics Office) to obtain a copy of your wife Birth Certificate. THe NSO is very good at losing things and this could prove a problem later. If you were married abroad it is also worth getting copies of your marriage registration from the NSO. We are having problems with that at the moment because they don\'t have the copy that the London Embassy should have sent them.

Hope this all helps,

Colin

:
Guys,

If you need Philippine Birth, Marriage, Death certificates, you get get certified copies ONLINE for very cheap. It works for PI & if you are abroad.

Check it out at:

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Manila Cockney:
Dual Citizen definitely does not require an ACR-I Card as they are considered a Philippine citizen. One of the best ID\'s here is the driving license. Use it as my ID everywhere including going through airports (domestic) etc.

:
Hi,

We were in Bacolod immigration office on January 2. I was complying with annual reporting. My wife, Donna, is dual citizen too. The immigration officer did not mentioned any ARC-I card for my wife. When you went there, may be the officer was a mixing a little bit...
What is true is that a Filipino national should get a resident certificate from the city hall. It should be renewed yearly. We renewed it last week for 25 PHP. The only time Donna has been asked to show this certificate was when she applied for the building permit of our home.
We passed the immigration yesterday in Manila while flying back to Taipei. Donna and Charlotte both showed their Filipino and French passports and were not asked for ARC-I card.

Hoping it helps,

Regards,

Jean-Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version