Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Good background information on the Philippines  (Read 4056 times)

Good background information on the Philippines
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
This site gives a lot of useful information about the history, politics etc.

http://philippines-archipelago.com/contents.html

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Good background information on the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »
Colin,

Wow!  This site not only gives basic information about the Philippines, it goes into great detail about all aspects of the Philippines from prehistory to the present!  This site should be required reading by anyone even remotely interested in the Philippines.  Thank you for sharing this awesome site!  Maraming salamat po!

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 03:51:51 PM »
Jack,

My wifes niece had a school project which was to answer various questions relating to the Philippine Archipelago. I found this site when searching for answers. It is amazing what turns up in internet searches.

I have been looking through the bookmarks that have built up on my computer over many years and have posted some of the more useful ones. I have one relating to satellite photos of the Philippines, but it is old and the photographs have been assimilated into a NASA site where you can search for the original photos by number. I have lots of numbers so I will do some digging later to see if I can find anything useful.

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:10:01 AM »
Colin,

Yes, please share the photo links with me.  I\'m a huge fan and user of the Google Earth imaging and love to go \"exploring\" as my asawa calls it.  Any links or images of the Philippines you have, please share them with us.  You may also feel free any time to share things with me off Forum.  Likewise, anything that I have stored, I will be happy to share with you in return.

Have a very Happy New Year, my friend!

Jack

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 07:25:53 AM »
Jack,

I am a bit tied up with building up a new hard drive for my computer at the moment, but perhaps you would like to do some digging. The starting point is http://rove.to/philippines, you will then get a page of Philippine place names with green dots against them. If you hover over the dots you will get some numbers at the bottom of the screen that I assume are the photograph numbers. If you then click on the dots you will be taken to the NASA site that has a search engine.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on.

Happy new year,

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:27:52 AM »
Thanks Colin!  I briefly stepped in to make sure the link worked.  I see I will have to do some digging, but it looks promising.  I appreciate you giving me the link.  I always enjoy searching new images of the Philippines.  I\'ve been looking for a good, high res image of the area where my tatay has his rice farm and home.  I\'ve been teasing with him telling him that I\'m watching him on my computer using special satellites to zoom in on him while he\'s drinking his coffee on the river bank.   ;D