Living in The Philippines > Languages, Learning History, Politics etc.

Getting a grasp of Philippines politics

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gray Wolf:
If someone posts about something he saw on TV, as JD did, that's fine.  Simply posting about something viewed on the news is not an infraction of any forum's rules, as far as I know.  What we do not allow however is political debate between those with differing political views, conservative versus liberal for instance.  I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on August 27, 2014, 04:50:40 AM ---
JMHO, but to me it's about as fascinating as watching a dog urinate

--- End quote ---

The effect is about the same.  The people get p**d on by the politicians   :D :D
Hahahahahahahaaaaa!!!    Joke lang!   :D

coleman2347:
Politics here is just like the soap operas without the pretty girls

piozam13:
What can you expect? 
Politicians were in the movies:  Estrada, Revilla, Poe, Soto - even Aquino has a sister who's a high profile TV personality. 
Theatrics must be second nature to many more. 
The smart and honest leader does not always win. 
Re allegations of corruption,  I'd say,  when there's smoke, there's fire.

JD:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on August 27, 2014, 08:24:18 AM ---If someone posts about something he saw on TV, as JD did, that's fine.  Simply posting about something viewed on the news is not an infraction of any forum's rules, as far as I know.  What we do not allow however is political debate between those with differing political views, conservative versus liberal for instance.  I hope this makes sense to everyone.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, GW. I thought it kind of weird that a topic called Languages, Learning History, Politics etc. would not allow any mention of politics in it.

I wasn't trying to debate anything, I was expressing my interest in being aware of how politics and the government works (or doesn't work) and current issues affecting the people in the country I wish to live in.

I believe that trying to understand these things, especially with me coming from the U.S., is  a path to better understanding the culture of the Filipinos who will be my neighbors and friends.

Not that watching Eat Bulaga! doesn't have its merits, too, mind you.

JD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version