Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Self Defense Laws in the RP

<< < (3/5) > >>

paulgee:
I think you will find that the Philippnes is classed as a 3rd world country.

But the point is that from all I have gleaned on forums us westeners will never get the benefit of doubt in any dispute, and will have to fight to get justice done as prescribed in law.

I would recommed that if you confront a burglar in your home, and you have a gun, shoot yourself. That way you will avoid getting arrested, or charged in connection with any possible criminal offence, and the burglars friends and relatives will have no vendetta to pursue against. Just a thought .....  ???

Paul

Ricky A:

--- Quote from: paulgee on October 03, 2011, 01:15:32 AM ---I think you will find that the Philippnes is classed as a 3rd world country.

But the point is that from all I have gleaned on forums us westeners will never get the benefit of doubt in any dispute, and will have to fight to get justice done as prescribed in law.

I would recommed that if you confront a burglar in your home, and you have a gun, shoot yourself. That way you will avoid getting arrested, or charged in connection with any possible criminal offence, and the burglars friends and relatives will have no vendetta to pursue against. Just a thought .....  ???

Paul

--- End quote ---

As of 2011 the Philippines is now defined as a \"Newly Industrialized Country\" as opposed to its previous status as a \"developing country\"....aka: \"third world country\".  At the very least the Republic is hovering between 3rd and 2nd world and at the most..2nd world...to use on old definition.  So no, I have not \"found\" that the Republic is still considered to be third world.

THanks for the recommendation about shooting myself,  but I will take a pass.  I will certainly be getting a gun and plan on using it at my leisure.

Ricky

suzukig1:

--- Quote from: Ricky A on October 03, 2011, 01:43:12 AM ---...At the very least the Republic is hovering between 3rd and 2nd world and at the most..2nd world...to use on old definition...

Ricky

--- End quote ---

Those old definitions applied to developed capitalist countries (1st world aligned with the U.S.) and communist countries (\"2nd world\" aligned with the Soviet Union).  Third World applied to the rest of the countries that didn\'t fit in the above 2 categories.

Ricky A:

--- Quote from: suzukig1 on October 03, 2011, 09:04:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ricky A on October 03, 2011, 01:43:12 AM ---...At the very least the Republic is hovering between 3rd and 2nd world and at the most..2nd world...to use on old definition...

Ricky

--- End quote ---

Those old definitions applied to developed capitalist countries (1st world aligned with the U.S.) and communist countries (\"2nd world\" aligned with the Soviet Union).  Third World applied to the rest of the countries that didn\'t fit in the above 2 categories.

--- End quote ---

suzuki

i would only add that the definition as stated, is a Western theory of the three Worlds.  As you are no doubt aware Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong had the US and the Soviet Union in the First World together.

rick

coleman2347:
Yes, we can get justice here, the problem is that most of us, besides our Asawa, and her relatives only hang out with each other.  I can only speak from whats happened to me personally since I have been here.(2 years)  I have gone out of my way to make friends with people in all walks of life and it has paid off many times.  You have the same rights as anybody else, the trouble is (and this is just like the US) you sometimes need an advocate. 
As I see it, we foreigners tend to stick together, tend to look down on the locals , tend to be arrogant when dealing with people and tend to think because we come from a developed nation, we always know better.
Its what is perceived, not what is real. 
If someone climbed over my fence, got past my dogs, broke the locks to get into the house, I will shoot them.  My next call will be the the chief of police with whom I occasionally have a beer with, occasionally shoot with and occasionally ride motorcycles with.  I will not just call the police and have some PO1/2 come out to the house. 
In any case, it pays to make friends with the people here......Someday we all will need friends...if your going to live here, you should have friends here......Just like in your own country...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version