Technical Stuff > Internet Connections & TV

New Smart LTE home device with 700 mhz

(1/3) > >>

Lee2:
Just thought I would pass this along, it might help those of you who are not getting good speeds since lots of older devices do not include the newer 700 mhz frequency.
http://www.technobaboy.com/2017/08/04/smart-launches-smart-bro-prepaid-lte-home-wi-fi/

Smart launches Smart Bro Prepaid LTE Home Wi-Fi; comes with free 10GB of data
August 4, 2017 by Bryan
Retailing for Php1,995, the Smart Bro Prepaid LTE Home Wi-Fi comes with 10G free data and supports the 700MHz LTE band.

Smart Bro LTE Home Wi-Fi

BudM:
Since I threw Globe out the front door last year, I have not had a bit of trouble with my internet.  And it is not because I do not have internet now.  Yes, I do. Through my cable company.

HappyBee:

--- Quote from: BudM on December 20, 2017, 07:13:58 AM ---Since I threw Globe out the front door last year, I have not had a bit of trouble with my internet.  And it is not because I do not have internet now.  Yes, I do. Through my cable company.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean cable TV or cable internet?

BudM:

--- Quote from: HappyBee on December 22, 2017, 12:58:34 PM ---Do you mean cable TV or cable internet?

--- End quote ---

I have had the same cable company for a few years.  When I moved, the first one I had was not allowed in the territory I am in now.  Anyway, I was getting internet through Globe.  Now, I get it through my cable company.  And I went from either 3 or 5 (I forgot) with a ceiling that slowed it down on the unlimited, to 15 and no slow down.  All for basically about 150 to 200 more than I was paying both the cable company and Globe combined.  That amount includes the cost of a land line separate from the cable company since I also was getting my landline through Globe when I booted them head first out.  The only gripe I got with the cable company is that I lost my news station.  I don't really think it is their fault though as it seems very difficult to get that channel here now so I am not holding it against them.  I have been able to find what I am looking for mostly on the internet and Youtube.  With the speed and the reliablility I get from the cable company, streaming is working fine.

David690:

--- Quote from: BudM on December 22, 2017, 06:53:13 PM ---I have had the same cable company for a few years.  When I moved, the first one I had was not allowed in the territory I am in now.  Anyway, I was getting internet through Globe.  Now, I get it through my cable company.  And I went from either 3 or 5 (I forgot) with a ceiling that slowed it down on the unlimited, to 15 and no slow down.  All for basically about 150 to 200 more than I was paying both the cable company and Globe combined.  That amount includes the cost of a land line separate from the cable company since I also was getting my landline through Globe when I booted them head first out.  The only gripe I got with the cable company is that I lost my news station.  I don't really think it is their fault though as it seems very difficult to get that channel here now so I am not holding it against them.  I have been able to find what I am looking for mostly on the internet and Youtube.  With the speed and the reliablility I get from the cable company, streaming is working fine.

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming you mean fibre Bud.  Can you share which provider you use.  PLDT have recently installed fibre in my area and looking at their packages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version