Living in The Philippines > Relationships

Maybe there is still hope for me

(1/4) > >>

GobSmacked:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on March 21, 2014, 11:00:37 PM ---".... I believe we are more interested in hearing from our little friend and OP (original poster) GobSmacked, who still hasn't given us a proper introduction, thus strengthening my assertion that he/she/it is a troll...."

--- End quote ---

What do you really want or need to know, Gray Wolf?   8)
I must have missed reading what constitutes a "proper
introduction" in this forum.

Have you ever felt shattered and lost and had trouble starting again?

Many people when they are "young" think that they have everything figured out.
As most people get older, they realize that they don't have everything figured out.
I'm less and less sure that I have much of anything figured out! (Not meaning to
lecture anyone, just thinking out loud).

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious as I get fatter and older, and (you guessed it, buddy) ... lonelier, especially since my divorce and the children and their offspring moved away. The main way I lose friends as I age is to death. While this is kind of a downer to talk about publicly in this forum (and I do feel embarrassed), it is a natural fact of life. In seven years, I lost nine family members alone and this is not counting all the friends who have passed. I am only just pushing sixty, so I know there will be more loss in my future.

Maybe, there is still hope for me finding love if I look abroad. The prospect of expatriate living is not beyond the realm of possibility. I have heard many good things about Filipina women, but I have also become acutely aware of Filipina marriage scams. Wasn't there something with lady boys posing as women on one well-known dating site? Also, I have been exposed to the "breast" display scams when caught up chatting on Yahoo chat, etc.

I am feeling my way with interpersonal relationships. I am searching, seeking I'm feeling my way on this whole thing. My mind is open, trying to look after all different angles. Little snippets by existing forum members change my whole perspective.  I've been feeling so overwhelmed and I am trying to keep myself from shutting down. You can call me York, though "the Gob" does have a certain ring to it. Is there anything else really worth mentioning about me?

This sweet little tune is my anthem these days ...   
I Want to know what love is - Foreigner Small | Large

Shancloudy:
If you want to find a filipina try to search on dating site but try to know her better ask what she likes/dislikes, ambition in life, goal, religion, and her family background. Tell to her that you just a simple guy. Let her to love you for what you are. As much as possible if you can find an educated woman much better so she can help financially.  In Philippines we believe that man and woman are equal. Let her to show how much she love you I'm sure you will be surprise to know how sweet and loving are Filipina.

Good Luck :)

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: GobSmacked on March 22, 2014, 09:48:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on March 21, 2014, 11:00:37 PM ---".... I believe we are more interested in hearing from our little friend and OP (original poster) GobSmacked, who still hasn't given us a proper introduction, thus strengthening my assertion that he/she/it is a troll...."

--- End quote ---

What do you really want or need to know, Gray Wolf?   8)
I must have missed reading what constitutes a "proper
introduction" in this forum.

Have you ever felt shattered and lost and had trouble starting again?

Many people when they are "young" think that they have everything figured out.
As most people get older, they realize that they don't have everything figured out.
I'm less and less sure that I have much of anything figured out! (Not meaning to
lecture anyone, just thinking out loud).

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious as I get fatter and older, and (you guessed it, buddy) ... lonelier, especially since my divorce and the children and their offspring moved away. The main way I lose friends as I age is to death. While this is kind of a downer to talk about publicly in this forum (and I do feel embarrassed), it is a natural fact of life. In seven years, I lost nine family members alone and this is not counting all the friends who have passed. I am only just pushing sixty, so I know there will be more loss in my future.

Maybe, there is still hope for me finding love if I look abroad. The prospect of expatriate living is not beyond the realm of possibility. I have heard many good things about Filipina women, but I have also become acutely aware of Filipina marriage scams. Wasn't there something with lady boys posing as women on one well-known dating site? Also, I have been exposed to the "breast" display scams when caught up chatting on Yahoo chat, etc.

I am feeling my way with interpersonal relationships. I am searching, seeking I'm feeling my way on this whole thing. My mind is open, trying to look after all different angles. Little snippets by existing forum members change my whole perspective.  I've been feeling so overwhelmed and I am trying to keep myself from shutting down. You can call me York, though "the Gob" does have a certain ring to it. Is there anything else really worth mentioning about me?

--- End quote ---

You've just begun with some interesting and helpful info.  Thanks!  At least you corrected the topic a bit.  As such I've moved this to create a new topic thread.  Now we have something to work with. 

What is a proper introduction where you come from?  Where I was raised we great one another, offer our name and a friendly handshake before we start questioning others on the meaning of life.  But this will do.

Have you ever visited the Philippines and spent any appreciable time there?  Was your first wife a Filipina or a typical western woman?  Most of us have some experience with those who are less than loveable.

There are just as many, if not more, relationship scams involving men scamming Filipino women.  That's why we originally questioned your position on Filipina scammers.  But if, as you say, your mind is open, then allow us to share with you.

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: Shancloudy on March 22, 2014, 10:42:28 PM ---If you want to find a filipina try to search on dating site but try to know her better ask what she likes/dislikes, ambition in life, goal, religion, and her family background. Tell to her that you just a simple guy. Let her to love you for what you are. As much as possible if you can find an educated woman much better so she can help financially.  In Philippines we believe that man and woman are equal. Let her to show how much she love you I'm sure you will be surprise to know how sweet and loving are Filipina.

Good Luck :)

--- End quote ---

Some good insight Shancloudy!  It's good to see from the Filipina view.

iamjames:
I don't agree with dating sites. The impressions you get from given details and pics will be clouded by bias and inaccurate perception.  You are far more likely to get caught in a scam on a dating site than just meeting by a normal encounter.

If you visit the Philippines it will take you about one week to find the partner you want (possibly less). Start by being nice to the hotel receptionist! If she is not willing to date you herself she will know others (even her sisters) who would. Just standing in a shop chatting with people you will be asked three blatant questions: Where you from? What age are you? Where is your wife? The first two are merely icebreakers and the third one is getting down to serious business!

In many countries you encounter Taxi drivers who will try sell you hookers. In the Philippines (away from the tourist areas) they can be a great source of introductions to honest relationships.

I am sorry to hear your list of woes, Gobsmacked, and I am not being facetious when I suggest you need simply to get to the Philippines (if you are not already there) and introduce yourself around to the many beautiful women. It will give you a new adventure and a new purpose in life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version