Contributions By Members > Southern Philippines MINDANAO

First Impressions, Davao and beyond.....

<< < (2/4) > >>

dylanaz:

--- Quote from: Chasereo on November 14, 2010, 09:51:08 AM --- I\'m wondering (hoping) that they have American sized seats. Yes? No? And how was the flight over?

--- End quote ---

You are an inch or 2 taller and I find it unberable to fly that far without a first class upgrade.

DELTA (/NWA) is here - start getting your friends to donate miles to you... 100% allowable with Delta you will need about 30k miles to upgrade to 1st class.

bigrod:
Emergency exit seats suck since they are normally by restrooms and everybody stands there waiting in line. Plus the food table is terrible. I try to book aisle seat with no one in other two seats or minimum one in window  seat.  Then I have plenty of room to stretch.

Chuck

Bill:
I flew Asiana airlines to Clark.  No complaints, except the flight attendants didn\'t speak much English and I had to be very careful in communicating my needs.  I found writing them notes helped a lot.  I got up and went to the head early in the flight, when I came back, the book I was reading was gone!  The two Korean guys next to me claimed ignorance, the American guy sitting behind me looked guilty to me, but denied having my book.  So, I did the rest of the flight san book.  After we landed in Seoul the American guys gf gave me back my book, saying she just \"found it.\"  I was glad to get it back, it\'s a great book, but sure missed it during the flight.  I spent most of my time watching Korean movies because they are captioned in English.  Most were very good!

The Jeepneys here are hard on me due to my height.  I can\'t see hardly anything.  Tends to be disorientation, but I manage.  The Tricycles are a scream, love them.  Not sure why though.  LOL

Bill

paulgee:

--- Quote from: Bill on November 14, 2010, 02:46:17 PM ---
The Jeepneys here are hard on me due to my height.  I can\'t see hardly anything.  Tends to be disorientation, but I manage.  The Tricycles are a scream, love them.  Not sure why though.  LOL

Bill

--- End quote ---

I for one enjoy travelling by jeepney, tricycle and pedal powered bicycle, and the long distance coaches. So much better an experience than taxis for being in the real Philippines. Of course I am just a visitor at the moment (4th time next month) but I suppose if you are in a hurry, or live there permanently it is different. And unlike you Bill I am only 5\'6\", so fit rather better! I generally try to sit at the back so I can look out the back, but I have noticed that when I do I am often breathing strong diesel exhaust fumes. Not a problem for a visitor but I wonder what my lungs would be like if I lived there. Studies done on jeepney drivers and air quality in general in Manila do not make for happy reading.

My brother in law used to be a tricycle owner/driver  in his local town, but had to stop when he had respiratory problems.

Paul

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:

--- Quote from: bigrod on November 14, 2010, 02:11:19 PM ---Emergency exit seats suck since they are normally by restrooms and everybody stands there waiting in line. Plus the food table is terrible. I try to book aisle seat with no one in other two seats or minimum one in window  seat.  Then I have plenty of room to stretch.

Chuck

--- End quote ---

Emergency seats I use are in the centre of the plane and NOWHERE NEAR restrooms  - my only trouble is getting them!
But get them I do at every opportunity

6\'1\" 260lbs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version