Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Sari-Sari store  (Read 9275 times)

Beatle

Re: Sari-Sari store
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
I assume you are talking 1 TEU or twenty foot equivalent unit, refrigerated or non? What condition do you want it in? Relatively new or OK if it is banged up.

Wayne

Since beggars can\'t be choosy ;D  Banged up is OK, preferrably not too much rust, a 20 footer would be just right and it does not need to be refrigerated, but if it is thats OK too. Thanks again

Ray

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
Methods I have seen for moving them once off the truck, is two hand winches and a couple of bottle jacks. Put concrete foundations down in the spot you want it to finally rest and use multiple pieces of gal water pipe for rollers and you can crab it into position. Short of that hire a crane for an hour, might be cheaper and faster. I\'d put the helpers in the container and leave the tools where they are. One dividing wall and 2 doors and 2 windows cut in and put a GI Sheet roof on it that extends 6 feet out and they have some shade as well, nice and private.
Wayne  ;D ;D

cherry_ramos18

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
   hi i\'m cherry...i\'m planning to put up my own sari-sari store here in valenzuela...but i don\'t know where to start...and what should i purchase and not purchase...   tnxie

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 01:43:26 PM »
Before you think about what to purchase and what not to purchase, do you have a suitable building from which to run it. Traditional Sari\'s here have iron bars on the windows, and no front door, they are typically small about 10 x 10ft or 3sq mtrs. They typically sit right on the road or only a few feet from it. Think about the other Sari\'s around you, how close are they to you, do you have sufficient customers to keep it going? Do you have a truck, van or Tricycle to go to the wholesalers regularly to pick up supplies, do you plan on selling beer, ice, brandy, cigarettes, or just the lower end stuff like shampoos, coffee, canned goods, noodles etc.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 12:27:52 AM »
 :) Thanks Wayne ,im writting this all down ,stillbilly

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
Whilst you can afford it, go out and buy 3 Nokia Candy Bar Phones, then take a trip to the local mall and get 3 reseller sims, one for Smart, one for Globe and one for Sun, reserve 5k for phone load, ad keep it separate in the accounting system.
Wayne  ;D ;D