Living in The Philippines > Getting here and back and getting items here and back

Mail forwarding and address.

<< < (3/5) > >>

OK, this is wonderful information, again many thanks. The plan is to get a retirement visa. I have studied this, it is a great deal for me. I will have the money and income. I already have a Fidelity account. I have had this for years. I am happy to learn that this account is very beneficial for living in the Philippines. A lot of my important stuff is already done online. I look forward to this because moving will be that much easier. Moving to Florida?? Sorry this is not possible. I have a few years left with my job before I can retire. Upon retirement I have no intention of spending any more time here, if that is possible. I was a resident of Washington state many years ago, I am not sure if that would help to regain residency. NY stinks. I think this is pretty obvious, so finding another state for residency is a must. Florida would be fine, but can I do this without living there? What is this “file a certificate of domicile”?? Can I use a mail forwarding service to get a drivers licence and residency? 


--- Quote from: MadDog on March 17, 2018, 01:44:48 AM ---Florida would be fine, but can I do this without living there?
--- End quote ---

how to establish Florida residency

Quote from: MadDog on Today at 01:44:48 AM
Florida would be fine, but can I do this without living there?

--- Quote from: lost_in_samoa on March 17, 2018, 06:10:03 AM ---how to establish Florida residency

--- End quote ---

I would say there is something in these links to answer that question which is "Yes".  I never said anything about anyone had to move to Florida to gain residency.  I had to move to Florida from NY because I was informed that I was going to do so.  The only possible three choices I had was Great Lakes, San Diego, or Orlando and it was cold in Great Lakes during the winter so I said screw that.

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: lost_in_samoa on March 17, 2018, 06:10:03 AM ---how to establish Florida residency

--- End quote ---

I read through the first five links of that page and nowhere did I see anything that says you can legally establish residency in Florida without having at least maintaining a residence there for a minimum of 183 days.

Florida Statutes Chapter 196 Section 015:

Permanent residency; factual determination by property appraiser.—Intention to establish a permanent residence in this state is a factual determination to be made, in the first instance, by the property appraiser. Although any one factor is not conclusive of the establishment or nonestablishment of permanent residence, the following are relevant factors that may be considered by the property appraiser in making his or her determination as to the intent of a person claiming a homestead exemption to establish a permanent residence in this state:
1- A formal declaration of domicile by the applicant recorded in the public records of the county in which the exemption is being sought.
2- Evidence of the location where the applicant’s dependent children are registered for school.
3- The place of employment of the applicant.
4- The previous permanent residency by the applicant in a state other than Florida or in another country and the date non-Florida residency was terminated.
5- Proof of voter registration in this state with the voter information card address of the applicant, or other official correspondence from the supervisor of elections providing proof of voter registration, matching the address of the physical location where the exemption is being sought.
6- A valid Florida driver’s license issued under s. 322.18 or a valid Florida identification card issued under s. 322.051 and evidence of relinquishment of driver’s licenses from any other states.
7- Issuance of a Florida license tag on any motor vehicle owned by the applicant.
8-  The address as listed on federal income tax returns filed by the applicant.
9- The location where the applicant’s bank statements and checking accounts are registered.
10- Proof of payment for utilities at the property for which permanent residency is being claimed.

Thank you all for this information. What a bunch of legal blaah, blaah, blabbity blaah. You can not get more specific than that. Basically you must live there over 6 months and be sure you change your address with all the necessary important stuff. Especially the drivers licence and voter registration. I thought may be, because I did move from one state to the next. Well then, I may have to move for 7 months after I retire. Thank you all again. 


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version