Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

CB radios

(1/4) > >>

RUFUS:
Does anyone know about the regulations of CB radios in the PI.. Are the bands the same, power output...etc

RUFUS

:

--- Quote from: RUFUS on January 03, 2008, 11:58:31 AM ---Does anyone know about the regulations of CB radios in the PI.. Are the bands the same, power output...etc

RUFUS

--- End quote ---

I made a similar inquiry about Radio Control equipment for models, and the answer basically was \'anything goes\' however I believe I have seen reference to some restrictions on importing broadcast radio equipment. You need to do some research on the internet. Try \"philippine radio frequency allocation table\" for a starter.

Colin

:
Radio Civic Action Groups (RCAGs) in the Philippines

Go here: http://www.qsl.net/dx1cw/whatis.html for some good information.

Billy

--- Quote from: RUFUS on January 03, 2008, 11:58:31 AM ---Does anyone know about the regulations of CB radios in the PI.. Are the bands the same, power output...etc

RUFUS

--- End quote ---

RUFUS:
Colin,
Anything goes was what I was figuring... But you never know. I just want to make sure the Philippine Radio Gestapo doesn\'t come kick my door down in the middle of the night and beat me to death with my CB... LOL... ;)

Billy,
I checked out the link and it didn\'t say much about regulations. But it does have the guy\'s email addy so I will hit him up for some info. I believe  licensed \"HAMS\" are supposed to know these things... right?
THANKS

I am curious because I have several small radios I\'ve collected through the years and figure they could be a good (cheap) method of communication  between my family in different BRGY\'s. Definitely cheaper than paying for landlines at everyone\'s house or buying celfones and having to keep shelling out money for loads every couple days.

:

--- Quote from: RUFUS on January 04, 2008, 02:13:52 AM ---Colin,
Anything goes was what I was figuring... But you never know. I just want to make sure the Philippine Radio Gestapo doesn\'t come kick my door down in the middle of the night and beat me to death with my CB... LOL... ;)

--- End quote ---

There are stores around that sell communication equipment, it would be worth checkingthem out.

Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version