Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Donation For livinginthephilippines.com website  (Read 10578 times)

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Air Reserve Technician
Re: Donation For livinginthephilippines.com website
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 04:18:34 AM »
Just donated 5000 pesos.  Finally got it to work.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 07:29:01 AM »
Thanks for donating ₱3,000.00 PHP to
nasarilgerl@gmail.com
Share and inspire others to make an impact

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 09:50:19 PM »
I let others do what their heart tells them to do.  I do what I feel is right! End of story!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
So in conversion of the PHP amount that is posted its like 350.00 USD to run this page per year and were still in need of 160.00 USD. What is the total active yearly membership in the last 2-3 years? Divide that by the actual cost to run the site & maybe time to purge members who think the 2, 4 or 6 USD a year is too much to participate. Correct me if I'm wrong...or put some transparent numbers out there. Maybe time to start a 1/3/5 year paid membership plan!?!?  For those who wish to play...will pay......all others go away 8)

And if there is any surplus funds they could be donated to a reputable charity of the Philippines or upgrades to the website??

Currently we have just over 1900 members after I purged the rolls of people who had joined but had never posted nor were they active (logged in) for over a year at least. As of this moment there are 65 "guests" online and 1 member,
me.
I'm not sure what we "should" do, but there are an infinite variety of things we "can" do. Bottom line is we're still short according to Gerlie, who I just got a message from a few minutes ago. It's just possible she may not have the most up to date info as she and her son went for a visit to the province and are now stuck there due to the covid outbreak. But according to her last message we are still short 5,140 pesos. I've sent her another question but due to our time zone difference I may not receive an answer until later tonight US Eastern time where I'm located.

It's my opinion that any "extra" money donated should be rolled over for next years server payment.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2021, 12:01:04 AM »
Currently we have just over 1900 members after I purged the rolls of people who had joined but had never posted nor were they active (logged in) for over a year at least. As of this moment there are 65 "guests" online and 1 member,
me.
I'm not sure what we "should" do, but there are an infinite variety of things we "can" do. Bottom line is we're still short according to Gerlie, who I just got a message from a few minutes ago. It's just possible she may not have the most up to date info as she and her son went for a visit to the province and are now stuck there due to the covid outbreak. But according to her last message we are still short 5,140 pesos. I've sent her another question but due to our time zone difference I may not receive an answer until later tonight US Eastern time where I'm located.

It's my opinion that any "extra" money donated should be rolled over for next years server payment.

Yes a roll over for the next year is probably the best course of action for overages.
Even though the membership count would fluctuate I think with a little math we could come up with a fair membership fee that would be failrly cheap.

(Edit note: I pulled your response out of GW's quote to make it easier to read - R.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:30:37 AM by RUFUS »
MS

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 03:22:12 AM »
Sorry guys about my donation! Been having problems with it accepting. Don't know why but I finally got it to take. Transaction ID#: 20722840705679886.  P5000.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 04:45:59 AM »
Sorry guys about my donation! Been having problems with it accepting. Don't know why but I finally got it to take. Transaction ID#: 20722840705679886.  P5000.

Excellent! Thank you!

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 06:22:30 AM »
I notice your wife must be from Bagong Silang Caloocan City.  My GF here in the US is from there also however, she grew up part of her life in Tacloban Leyte.  We're in Gulfport Mississippi

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 08:06:44 AM »
I notice your wife must be from Bagong Silang Caloocan City.  My GF here in the US is from there also however, she grew up part of her life in Tacloban Leyte.  We're in Gulfport Mississippi

Not originally from there but where we built the house for the family

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »
I received confirmation this morning of payment for our hosting service for the next year. Thank you to all who contributed (all 8 of you)  :)

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2021, 06:10:22 AM »
I received

Thank you for riding herd on a bunch of cats, even though some are spittin at you.

Thank you for your time.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2021, 07:52:34 AM »
Thank you for riding herd on a bunch of cats, even though some are spittin at you.

Thank you for your time.

Just call me "Cat Wrangler"  ;D

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 09:06:24 AM »
I received confirmation this morning of payment for our hosting service for the next year. Thank you to all who contributed (all 8 of you)  :)
Shizer GH...hope you don't' follow through with the threat of leaving the position you hold and still perform...which is quite cumbersome.
Too sad to hear of the amounted tally of donations of the listed active members to this site which shares/engages current information of the PI..where to and why on so many levels.

MS

Offline Brisbane

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 01:47:59 AM »
$350 USD is far too high to host a site like this. Perhaps next time move to a new host which is easy to do. About $60 to 100 a year is plenty for good hosting.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:15 PM »
$350 USD is far too high to host a site like this. Perhaps next time move to a new host which is easy to do. About $60 to 100 a year is plenty for good hosting.

That's what everyone says. May we request the name of this low cost host? Remember the hosting isn't just for the forum it also is for our parent website livinginthephilippines.com without which this forum would not exist.