It’s Your Money > Working in the Philippines

SRRV Holders Working in Philippines

<< < (2/5) > >>

agree, anything here belongs to gf or asawa


--- Quote from: bigrod on August 29, 2014, 12:06:57 PM ---The following is from the BI Facebook page:

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) Board of Commissioners (BOC) issued Board Resolution No. EED-2014-01 last 19 August 2014. Said resolution provides that effective 01 September 2014, Special Retiree Resident Visa (SRRV) holders, who fail to secure Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) issued Alien Employment Permit (AEP) prior to any employment shall be deemed in violation of Commonwealth Act No. 613, Section 37(a)(7) for being an alien who remains in the Philippines in violation of any limitation or condition under which he/she was admitted as a non-immigrant.

In lieu of deportation charges, SRRV holders violating CA 613, Section 37(a)(7) shall be assessed a P50,000.00 Immigration Certification fee.


--- End quote ---

I has always been my understanding that with my SRRV I could work, but only after getting a Alien Employment Permit. I was told that the Philippine Retirement Authority would assist me in getting that permit if I wanted to work. Concerning the services provided by the PRA to SRRV holders, please refer to line "e" below:

"3. Assistance in Obtaining Basic Government Documents/Requirements

"Our office provides you the assistance in obtaining basic government documents you may need during your stay. These include, but not limited to securing the following:

a. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
b. Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Registration
c. Philippine Tax Exemption
d. Medical Clearance
e. Alien Employment Permit (AEP)"

This appears on this web page:

I suppose that AEPs will not be granted for working in certain professions, for example, for working as an architect.

It appears that they are treating SRRV holders better by only fining them, rather than deporting them.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
You can work in the Philippines as long you have a work permit since you are a SRRV holder, but to be an architect here I believe you need to be legally licensed in the Philippines!

Art, thats probably true about the license, my commercial pilots license is not recognized here

An SRRV holder can work but yes they still need to have a permit to work which is supposed to be simple to get when the person has an SRRV which allows them to work.

--- Quote ---
You can work here…
Upon issuance of the Alien Employment Permit (AEP), to which PRA
can assist you!

--- End quote ---


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version