Itís Your Money > Money Exchanging

First trip money questions

<< < (13/16) > >>

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:

--- Quote from: BudM on April 07, 2018, 11:18:33 AM ---I might try that.  Do you walk the few blocks to the bank or drive the few blocks and then walk up to the teller?

--- End quote ---
Both, because South Supermarket is next to our bank when my wife does her grocery shopping.

BudM:

--- Quote from: Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am on April 07, 2018, 01:30:53 PM ---Both, because South Supermarket is next to our bank when my wife does her grocery shopping.

--- End quote ---

Ahhh, ok.  I don't know why I even gave it any thought but after thinking more, I changed my mind about doing it your way.  My preference is not wanting to be drawing a 2 or 3 month supply of pesos and having it on me or around.  Will stick to once a week withdrawals of a piddly amount.  Still will do only occasional deposit though.

bigrod:

--- Quote from: BudM on April 07, 2018, 04:20:03 PM ---Ahhh, ok.  I don't know why I even gave it any thought but after thinking more, I changed my mind about doing it your way.  My preference is not wanting to be drawing a 2 or 3 month supply of pesos and having it on me or around.  Will stick to once a week withdrawals of a piddly amount.  Still will do only occasional deposit though.

--- End quote ---

Can't remember the last time I went to BDO to get pesos.  I normally get them from the BDO ATMs at Waltermart, S&R Imus, etc. Most Supermarkets and department stores take the BDO debit or C/C too.

Chuck

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
No problem keeping 2 to 3 months worth of pesos. I hate it when we don't have enough loose change on hand to pay cash on a variety of things like bottle water delevery, cleaning out our roof gutters, maid's wages 3 times a week, weekly palengke trips, hired help for repairs around the house, take out food home deleveries, on-line home shopping COD deleveries, wife's saloon beauty retreatments (not cheap), fast food drive-thru. I use our banks ATM card to pay for our Mercury Drug Store medications once every 2 weeks, since I need double receipts for our TRICARE reimbursement claims once a year. We just got back over $2,500 from our  meds claims for 2017.
So, having enough cash in the house works out for us without having to go to the bank often, but once every 2 to 3 months.

BudM:

--- Quote from: bigrod on April 07, 2018, 04:43:16 PM --- 

Can't remember the last time I went to BDO to get pesos.  I normally get them from the BDO ATMs at Waltermart, S&R Imus, etc. Most Supermarkets and department stores take the BDO debit or C/C too.

Chuck

--- End quote ---

I don't get them from the bank either.  I was just debating whether to take that long walk to the bank and get them or stick with what I am doing.  And I forgot to mention that the withdrawals would be USD and not pesos.  I use the ATM once in a while if by chance I run out or low of pesos.  Sometimes the debit card too.  I mostly like to do what I am normally doing though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version