Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Lazada prices  (Read 25248 times)

Offline Dick

Lazada prices
« on: August 03, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
I just noted the prices of some itmes in Lazada are extremely high, e.g.

The Lazada price of Hutixi HT-GY260 thermal paste is P150, but the price at a computer store in SM City is only P30.

The Lazada price of the Panasonic radio is P4299, but the price in Hong Kong,last year, was only HKD260, equivalent to P1760.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: Lazada prices
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:38:44 PM »

The Lazada price of Hutixi HT-GY260 thermal paste is P150, but the price at a computer store in SM City is only P30.

The Lazada price of the Panasonic radio is P4299, but the price in Hong Kong,last year, was only HKD260, equivalent to P1760.

Great first post.  The only thing I can suggest is, if you don't like Lazada's prices, then don't buy from them.  I myself find some things they have to be expensive and some not.  You sound like you work for one of their competitors.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Dick

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 06:22:22 AM »
Great first post.  The only thing I can suggest is, if you don't like Lazada's prices, then don't buy from them.  I myself find some things they have to be expensive and some not.  You sound like you work for one of their competitors.

Sharing price information is what people always do.

I can’t understand based on what criteria you think I sound like I work for Lazad’s competitor, on the other hand, you sound more like you speak on behalf of Lazada.

I would like to ask if you are a partner of Lazada.

Offline Lee2

• Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:43:51 AM »
Definitely no need to argue among our usually friendly group, Dick it is just that your post was very unusual for a first post, maybe introduce yourself in the Meet Your Neighbors section so we can all get to know you.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »

I use Lazada and yes they can be higher in price or the same or even lower in price.  The convenience is they deliver to my door normally for free.  I do not buy from them without checking other vendors for price.

Reference the Hutixi HT-GY260 thermal paste for P150 I went to the 2nd page on Lazada and they had it marked down to P99.  Also you might be comparing apples to oranges since the Lazada product is 10 grams and others that I saw advertised by vendors were 1 gram.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Dick

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »
I use Lazada and yes they can be higher in price or the same or even lower in price.  The convenience is they deliver to my door normally for free.  I do not buy from them without checking other vendors for price.

Reference the Hutixi HT-GY260 thermal paste for P150 I went to the 2nd page on Lazada and they had it marked down to P99.  Also you might be comparing apples to oranges since the Lazada product is 10 grams and others that I saw advertised by vendors were 1 gram.

Chuck

My son recently bought a Goot soldering iron, and Lazada charged him P119 delivery charge. Free delivery is available in selected areas.

By comparing the Lazada's picture of the thermal paste and the product I bought, I am sure they are the same product.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:59:08 PM by Dick »

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 11:21:50 AM »
Lazada has it's uses. For instance, I cannot buy a tronix pod where I live. Nowhere do they exist in any store.  Maybe in a few years when the new Robinson's mall is finished they'll have a store that carries it.  But no stores in Catarman(including the stores in the Guisano Mall) have them.  But for 360php I can get on on Lazada.  There are other deals there also.  But Tina and I get most our stuff from shopee.ph.  From orders for her catering business on up to tupperware items and more.  There are enough places to shop. But in some cases, Lazada is the best. 
If you don't like the price, don't buy from them. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Dick

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
Lazada has it's uses. For instance, I cannot buy a tronix pod where I live. Nowhere do they exist in any store.  Maybe in a few years when the new Robinson's mall is finished they'll have a store that carries it.  But no stores in Catarman(including the stores in the Guisano Mall) have them.  But for 360php I can get on on Lazada.  There are other deals there also.  But Tina and I get most our stuff from shopee.ph.  From orders for her catering business on up to tupperware items and more.  There are enough places to shop. But in some cases, Lazada is the best. 

I agree with you that Lazada has its use, recently my son bought from Lazada a Goot soldering iron which is not available locally.

I posted with no intention to demote Lazada, it was just for information sharing, you may have noted the differences in prices are really large.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
Lazada has it's uses..  There are enough places to shop. But in some cases, Lazada is the best.  ...

I use Lazada for items that are unavailable in our area, but only if it is offered C.O.D. Shipping is usually 99 Peso to the Bataan, for in-country (read that as sold from Manila) sourced stuff.

Most times for any Philippines' items, I'll look at the (Ph) advertiser's website and place an order online. Normally cheaper, but probably without C.O.D. - so far that is - but some do require prepayment by other means.  :(
I got a dash-cam from a security company in Manila for 990 peso plus 115 Peso JRS next day delivery, that way, when most sites were advertising similar ones for 1,999 Peso + +. With a free watch (crappy Chinese, but free) chucked in.

It really depends on how much I need the item, as opposed to how much I want it.  :)

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 03:18:53 PM »
My son recently bought a Goot soldering iron, and Lazada charged him P119 delivery charge. Free delivery is available in selected areas.

By comparing the Lazada's picture of the thermal paste and the product I bought, I am sure they are the same product.

Comparing the picture to me would do nothing since the pictures I have seen do not show the size.  Lazada sells a 10 gram size and some other vendors sell a 1 gram size per their ads.  So if you got a 1 gram size for P30-35 versus a 10 gram size for P99-150 you got taken.  I will say again unless you got a 10 gram unit of the product we are talking apples and oranges.

Chuck

Offline Dick

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
Comparing the picture to me would do nothing since the pictures I have seen do not show the size.  Lazada sells a 10 gram size and some other vendors sell a 1 gram size per their ads.  So if you got a 1 gram size for P30-35 versus a 10 gram size for P99-150 you got taken.  I will say again unless you got a 10 gram unit of the product we are talking apples and oranges.

Chuck

I attach a picture of the Hutixi thermal paste which I bought, there is no quantity indicated on the label on the container, which makes me believe that Hutixi is selling their product in a one size package in that particular type of container, quantities will be stated on the label if different size packages are available.

As I have mentioned I posted for sharing information, and as Lee2 said “Definitely no need to argue among our usually friendly group”, I will finalize my posting regardless to whether or not you are happy with my answer.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:31:40 PM by Dick »

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »
I use Lazada for items that are unavailable in our area, but only if it is offered C.O.D. Shipping is usually 99 Peso to the Bataan, for in-country (read that as sold from Manila) sourced stuff.

Most times for any Philippines' items, I'll look at the (Ph) advertiser's website and place an order online. Normally cheaper, but probably without C.O.D. - so far that is - but some do require prepayment by other means.  :(
I got a dash-cam from a security company in Manila for 990 peso plus 115 Peso JRS next day delivery, that way, when most sites were advertising similar ones for 1,999 Peso + +. With a free watch (crappy Chinese, but free) chucked in.

It really depends on how much I need the item, as opposed to how much I want it.  :)

Peter
Lazada has weird rules to shipping.  They do offer free shipping, but it depends on where you live and how much you spend.  I was getting my coffee creamer from there because it did not exist here.  But about 2 months ago, they stopped carrying some of the flavors of the creamer I like.  At the same point it started showing up at Guisano(coffee-mate brand liquid creamers).  So I don't mind that it now longer is available online.  Anyway, I had to buy over 2000php order to get it free in the Visayas.  1000 for Luzan and I think 500 for NCR.  Not sure on that last one.  I found out because on the page where I bought it it said it was free shipping with orders over 1000.  When I got charged 200 I talked to customer service, they showed me their shipping rules for the site, and the next time I went back to buy more creamer, they had the correct shipping terms.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
I attach a picture of the Hutixi thermal paste which I bought, there is no quantity indicated on the label on the container, which makes me believe that Hutixi is selling their product in a one size package in that particular type of container, quantities will be stated on the label if different size packages are available.

As I have mentioned I posted for sharing information, and as Lee2 said “Definitely no need to argue among our usually friendly group”, I will finalize my posting regardless to whether or not you are happy with my answer.

First off I am not arguing with you! Just pointing out that you maybe comparing the price of 1 gram to 10 gram container. It appears the 1 gram and 10 gram do come in the same container with what appears to be a black cap. FYI it also comes in 20 grams and 30 grams and maybe more sizes., but did not check to see what the containers look like since I don't need the product.

I approved-your 2nd and 3rd post so we can maintain the continuity of this topic.

Since you want to quote Lee2 then please follow his advice to post in Meet Your Neighbors Section

Chuck

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
First off I am not arguing with you! Just pointing out that you maybe comparing the price of 1 gram to 10 gram container. It appears the 1 gram and 10 gram do come in the same container with what appears to be a black cap. FYI it also comes in 20 grams and 30 grams and maybe more sizes., but did not check to see what the containers look like since I don't need the product.

I approved-your 2nd and 3rd post so we can maintain the continuity of this topic.

Since you want to quote Lee2 then please follow his advice to post in Meet Your Neighbors Section

Chuck

I think he is talking about me since I was the one who originally got him going. He claims he wants to share info but where the hell is his posting telling anything about himself after all this time?  He has posted five times already and hasn't said squat as far as what he is doing on the board other than griping about Lazada.

Yeah, remember my middle initials Dick.  "AH" over and out.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Lee2

• Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 09:42:26 PM »
Gentlemen, there is no forum rule that a member has to introduce themselves, it just makes for a friendlier forum when we all know each other somewhat but if Dick does not wish to introduce himself, then so be it, all I can do is suggest, lets try to be friendly towards each other as much as possible, we all have at least something in common, we are all in someway interested in the Philippines.

Now to Dick, as you must know, to live in the Philippines or even spend time there, it requires having a thick skin, you should not let some posts get under your skin, hope to see you posting more but of course that is up to you.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.