Itís Your Money > Securing Your Family's Financial Future

FERS retirement and military retirement.

(1/2) > >>

I've got a question about survivors benefits from my military and civil service pension.  If I was to remarry while I'm in the Philippines can my future spouse receive a portion of my military and civil service pension?  If so how would you go about making her a beneficiary?  Not too familiar with this since I've been divorced for 20 years and I never enrolled my previous wife in any survivor benefits that I was aware of.  I'm green on this topic!

Yes she can. How ever you must submit a request in writing along with a copy of the marriage certificate to the Boyer, PA address. You only have 24 months to do this after you get married. I think I have the information bookmarked I will try to locate it and get it to you.

Clarkee if you still in the US or near a Veterans help center I'd talk with them because when I retired we had a week long seminar and the VA came in and gave their lectures on all topics including this topic.  So every city would have a VA office.

Here's another link to Military SBP

I'm not familar with FERS


This is the actual page with the information you're looking for. I had to sign in into OPM using my CSA # and then go Retirement section then to Life Events. I am in the process of doing this myself and am up to date with the current info.

Thanks medic3500!  I have a CSA # and an account also. I'm still in the US but planning on retiring in the PI in about 2 to 3 years from now.  Been to the PI numerous times back in the late 90's and lived for a year in Angeles back in 2002 on my FERS disability.  Will be collecting full retirement next year when I turn 62 thank God.   I'll have 40 years of total service.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version