Living in The Philippines > Expat life in Philippines

Discussing the bad side of RP?

(1/3) > >>

stillbilly2002:
how about some good news about this \"povertystricken country\" ok michael ..................
         ....gloom and doom dont phase me, but thats why when cpt. Ron asks.. we had all these guests but no sign ons ..........well........................most people are to scared to come to the PI anyway
 but,.................heck...................i love it where im at and will be...... no foreigners to add to the mix
 life goes on ....................ive made things better for my family as im sure you have . good job thats all we can do  billy2002

michael16136:

--- Quote from: stillbilly2002 on April 02, 2008, 11:32:01 PM ---how about some good news about this \"povertystricken country\" ok michael ..................
         ....gloom and doom dont phase me, but thats why when cpt. Ron asks.. we had all these guests but no sign ons ..........well........................most people are to scared to come to the PI anyway
 but,.................heck...................i love it where im at and will be...... no foreigners to add to the mix
 life goes on ....................ive made things better for my family as im sure you have . good job thats all we can do  billy2002

--- End quote ---

If only wishing could make it so I would be happy to report the good news. However, I agree with your last point. When all is said and done, all we can do is try to contribute to improving the quality of life for a few people.

:

--- Quote from: stillbilly2002 on April 02, 2008, 11:32:01 PM ---how about some good news about this \"povertystricken country\" ok michael ..................

--- End quote ---

Billy is right. Yes the Philippines has its problems but so does every other country like \"Kids find womens head on beach....in SCOTLAND\" or \"The newborn twins of Dennis Quaid and his wife, Kimberly, were reportedly given an accidental overdose of blood thinner & almost died, at a hospital.........in AMERICA\" Clearly not the sort of places to visit or live, with murder & poor medical services. :o

Of course these are generalizations based on isolated incidents but on their own paint a scary picture. Should we comment on the negatives here....of course we should BUT we should be as prepared to voice the good things in equal amounts.

michael16136:
Taking a couple of unusual and isolated incidents from Scotland and the US and somehow equating these with the general misery here is pretty unsound logic. These incidents make news in the US simply because they are outside of the normal course of events.

BenK:

--- Quote from: michael16136 on April 03, 2008, 10:15:45 PM ---Taking a couple of unusual and isolated incidents from Scotland and the US and somehow equating these with the general misery here is pretty unsound logic. These incidents make news in the US simply because they are outside of the normal course of events.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely right. Look, discussing bad news in the Philippines is not bashing the country. We can\'t even begin to attempt to improve things if we don\'t face realities. And we aren\'t doing anybody new to the country any favors by gilding the lily. Anyone reading this forum will soon realize that our moods are overwhelmingly positive anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version