Living in The Philippines > Expat life in Philippines

Provincial Games

(1/5) > >>

:
Puerto Princesa is hosting the 2008 provincial games which started today. We went to have a look but left after a couple of hours because it was so hot. I don\'t understand how the competitors can tolerate these temperatures. The only inviting place was the swimming pool and nobody was using that, maybe later in the week. There were lots of stalls selling all the usual stuff, so I may go back there tomorrow to take some more photographs.

Colin

RUFUS:
They tolerate the temperatures cuz they were born there and are used to it.

Mrs RUFUS says the same thing about the cold here.
She runs around in 4 layers of clothes and I wear a Tshirt.

coutts00:
RUFUS don\'t forget most Filipinas are bone with a light brown covering of skin, no fat to speak of, no natural insulation. You on the other hand and me as well have a healthy covering of whale blubber. Even on a balmy night my asawa has a blanket over her, Whilst I have 3 fans, 2 aircons and the freezer door open in my direction to keep cool, and my sweat drenches the bed and pillows each night, when will I ever get used to it.

Wayne

BenK:

--- Quote from: coutts00 on April 21, 2008, 05:20:46 PM ---RUFUS don\'t forget most Filipinas are bone with a light brown covering of skin, no fat to speak of, no natural insulation. You on the other hand and me as well have a healthy covering of whale blubber. Even on a balmy night my asawa has a blanket over her, Whilst I have 3 fans, 2 aircons and the freezer door open in my direction to keep cool, and my sweat drenches the bed and pillows each night, when will I ever get used to it.

Wayne

--- End quote ---

You won\'t, I\'ve been here 5 years and I can still sweat in the shower. But it\'s funny, the last time I went to Baguio, couple of months ago, I rode up there with the aircon on max the whole way, hopped out when I got to town, and said, \"damn, it\'s cold here.\" So now I don\'t know what to think.

:
Well surprise, surprise  ::) I am the opposite. I LOVE the heat, only find it uncomfortable when it\'s humid. If I never feel cold again it will be too soon. I used to stand outside when I still smoked cigs, in Kuwait when it was 50 degree. Even the locals thought I was strange \'Mad dogs & Englishmen\" was about me I think. Dee on the other hand is only happy with the temp here Dec to March, the rest of the year all I hear is \'it\'s too hot\' I am sure she\'s not really a Filipina ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version