Living in The Philippines > Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines

New Section 13 visa requirements ~ 2008

<< < (2/11) > >>

kajj21:
can any one tell me what kind of visa i will need for when i come to live in the philippines i am comming there and going to marry a filipina can any one please help me thanks ken

:

--- Quote from: kajj21 on March 06, 2008, 12:24:33 AM ---can any one tell me what kind of visa i will need for when i come to live in the philippines i am comming there and going to marry a filipina can any one please help me thanks ken

--- End quote ---

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the Forum. A little more info on your plans would help but if you get a 59 day Tourist Visa from your nearest Philippine Embassy, you can then extend that up to 2 years while processing your 13a after you get married. If you don\'t get from the Embassy then you can come without a visa & stay for 21 days, then extend. You will need an ONGOING ticket for the 21 days though even if you don\'t use it.

I suggest you read all the other posts in this section as most of your questions are answered there. Anything you still need to know after that...fire away.

modrobbo:
Hi,

My situation is that my Filipina wife and myself work in the Middle East, we met here several years ago and got married at the British Embassy here.

We have properties in Manila as an invetment for when we retire there.

My question is can my wife apply for a 13a Visa for me here in the Middle East and if so what documentation would be required and any idea how long it takes to complete.

Mike.

:

--- Quote from: modrobbo on March 14, 2008, 05:38:58 PM ---Hi,

My situation is that my Filipina wife and myself work in the Middle East, we met here several years ago and got married at the British Embassy here.

We have properties in Manila as an invetment for when we retire there.

My question is can my wife apply for a 13a Visa for me here in the Middle East and if so what documentation would be required and any idea how long it takes to complete.

Mike.

--- End quote ---

Mike,

Yes, you should be able to. Check out the Philippine Embassy in the country you are in. They will confirm what their requirements are but they are much the same as listed on the Forum. Your wife will need NSO copies of her birth certificate.  You will need certified copies of your divorce if you have been previously married.

Steve & Myrlita:
Hello there everyone.

You\'ve all been waiting for someone to post a new 13a experience with the new guidelines well wait no more. Myrlita & I just came back from Cebu Thur 6/12. I hope that my experience will help others.

Well, let\'s see, we arrived at Mactan Tue 6/10 using Cebu Pacific at 10:20am. By the time we got our luggage and a taxi it was 10:35am. We went directly to the BI office in Mandaue City costing P100 by 11am. That was good right? Wrong! BI closes down for lunch from 11am - 1pm. Went there for nothing! So, we then go to the hotel to check in. Another P100 taxi fare. It was called Vacation Hotel Cebu. Not a bad place. It was P1950 per night. x2. Also we didn\'t have the forms yet notorized yet so after going back to BI the security guard directed us down the street on Burgos to an attorney named Salvo. He charged us P600 but he made sure all the paperwork was notorized, copied and in order as BI wants. After doing this and eating lunch we went back to the BI. We 1st went to the window marked receiving. They quickly glanced over the papers to see if all were there then directed us to the 2nd floor and to the left to see a lady named Alice sitting at a desk. She checks out the paperwork for errors. All in order. She said well done for most don\'t do it right the 1st time. One of the requirements is the BI clearance. I was told that a fresh clearance must be run for every BI transaction. In other words, the BI clearance I got in May was no good for it must be run that day. So if you haven\'t done so, fill out the request for BI clearance too. It costs P1010 so the total cost to apply is P2520. Alice then sends me back downstairs to the receiving window. You give them all the paperwork and your passport. They give you a queue number. After awhile, the cashier window calls your name and number. You then pay the P2520. They will give you 2 receipts. One is for the application fee, BI clearance & LRF for P2020. The 2nd is P500 for express lane fee. BTW, although they say in the website the express lane fee is optional, it\'s a lie!! There is no option. You WILL pay it so plan on it. After you get your 2 receipts, use the photocopier next to the stairwell and copy them for your records. Then go back upstairs to Alice. She then took the paperwork from me along with the 2 receipts and said to call tomorrow AM for an appt. So I called the next AM and Alice told me that the appt will be unneccesary and my paperwork is being forwarded to Manila for processing. I thanked her for her help. She told me it takes 1.5 - 3 mo to process and you must keep your current tourist visa extensions current untill they stamp your passport with the 13A. If approved, I will be given a return app\'t for fingerprinting and ACR processing. You won\'t need your spouse on the 2nd trip but you do on your 1st for they must sign the Gen app form in front of BI. I will add to this post after my 2nd trip to update you all as it happens.

A couple of helpful hints:

1.) They will want an official NSO copy of the Filipino(a) birth certificate and they keep it so I would order a copy from NSO.

2.) If you got married in the RP as we did, they will also want a certified NSO copy of your marriage certificate also which they keep so I would order them both at the same time and get them before you start the 13A process.

2a.) If you were married outside the RP, you will need an authenticated copy of your marriage certificate by the RP embassy closest to your last jurisdiction of residence.

3.) When you fill out the Gen App form, don\'t glue your picture on it as it says to. Hold on to the pic until they say the form is correct and let them staple the pic on for you. This way, you don\'t lose it if the form has an error.

4.) Foreigner\'s birth certificate no longer required. Also medical clearance, NBI & Barangay clearance and proof of financial capacity no longer needed.

5.) Filipino(a) spousal letter is still required and notorized. The copy online here in this forum works very well. Just substitute the appropriate words and names to apply to you.

6.) Plan accordingly. If you can only get a AM appt, you may want to fly in the eve before using PAL express for Cebu Pacific only does 1 round trip in the AM only and if you arrive after 10:30am, you will miss the appt. You may have to plan out the trip carefully to make it work. Learn from my mistakes.

One final thought. With only a few exceptions, I found the people in general in Cebu to be cold and unfriendly. Come to find out from Myrlita is that Cebuanos and Ilongos don\'t get along very well. And when they see me it\'s Cha-Ching! Good to be back home here in Bacolod City. Although it\'s physically dirtier than Cebu, the people are kinder and warmer. Put it this way, I was treated better by people from Manila then Cebu. I\'m only returning there because I have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version