Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Provincial Games  (Read 7069 times)

Provincial Games
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »
Puerto Princesa is hosting the 2008 provincial games which started today. We went to have a look but left after a couple of hours because it was so hot. I don\'t understand how the competitors can tolerate these temperatures. The only inviting place was the swimming pool and nobody was using that, maybe later in the week. There were lots of stalls selling all the usual stuff, so I may go back there tomorrow to take some more photographs.

Colin

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Provincial Games
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
They tolerate the temperatures cuz they were born there and are used to it.

Mrs RUFUS says the same thing about the cold here.
She runs around in 4 layers of clothes and I wear a Tshirt.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »
RUFUS don\'t forget most Filipinas are bone with a light brown covering of skin, no fat to speak of, no natural insulation. You on the other hand and me as well have a healthy covering of whale blubber. Even on a balmy night my asawa has a blanket over her, Whilst I have 3 fans, 2 aircons and the freezer door open in my direction to keep cool, and my sweat drenches the bed and pillows each night, when will I ever get used to it.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »
RUFUS don\'t forget most Filipinas are bone with a light brown covering of skin, no fat to speak of, no natural insulation. You on the other hand and me as well have a healthy covering of whale blubber. Even on a balmy night my asawa has a blanket over her, Whilst I have 3 fans, 2 aircons and the freezer door open in my direction to keep cool, and my sweat drenches the bed and pillows each night, when will I ever get used to it.

Wayne

You won\'t, I\'ve been here 5 years and I can still sweat in the shower. But it\'s funny, the last time I went to Baguio, couple of months ago, I rode up there with the aircon on max the whole way, hopped out when I got to town, and said, \"damn, it\'s cold here.\" So now I don\'t know what to think.
That\'s not chicken.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
Well surprise, surprise  ::) I am the opposite. I LOVE the heat, only find it uncomfortable when it\'s humid. If I never feel cold again it will be too soon. I used to stand outside when I still smoked cigs, in Kuwait when it was 50 degree. Even the locals thought I was strange \'Mad dogs & Englishmen\" was about me I think. Dee on the other hand is only happy with the temp here Dec to March, the rest of the year all I hear is \'it\'s too hot\' I am sure she\'s not really a Filipina ;D

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »
After leaving nine years in the  Philippines, Donna never heard me complaining about the temperature.... but as you Keith I\'ve heard her so many times complaining ma init!
We are now in Taipei, and it\'s only now that winter is leaving us, with temperature going back to almost \"normal\" 29 C. At last....  :)
Hopefully we had 3 weeks vacation in Bacolod at 35 C... :)

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »
My wife complains about the heat as much as I do, although she does tolerate it for longer than me. I put the aircon on at around 10am in my little computer room and it stays on all day up to early evening. I have also noticed that when the younger kids in the family arrive for a visit and take my hand for a blessing, their foreheads are always wet with sweat.

Colin

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 01:09:19 AM »

regardless,the cold is not good for your skin ........when you sweat,your pores are open.....
   case in point ..........Asawa,s that go to a cold enviornment.....have a problem with dry cracking skin.billy2002  8)

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »
 8)Japan............steam baths,......................hot tubs...geisha ::).................
 but seriously.........fellas.......hot sweaty skin ...good .....cold weather ;;;ouch.. ;D ;D
billy2002

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:35:28 AM »

regardless,the cold is not good for your skin ........when you sweat,your pores are open.....
   case in point ..........Asawa,s that go to a cold enviornment.....have a problem with dry cracking skin.billy2002  8)

Cold is relative, I set the aircon to 26°C which would be considered hot in the UK

Colin

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 04:09:28 AM »
Your right Colin......................tsillbilly2002 :)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »
Colin is right cuz he sets the aircon at 26\'C?
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
 :)no Rufus ,this is the RP..........he is the oldest ..and the boldest ......so we must respect
 his opinions even if their loony ;D ;D  just kidding ....I do respect you . 8)part of my italian
 upbringing......deba?   love ya mate...(.Colin.)..................or as us italian Am-say............
 love ya.....capache??....deba?.....your views are important to us!!! stillbilly2002

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 07:15:24 AM »
:)no Rufus ,this is the RP..........he is the oldest ..and the boldest ......so we must respect
 his opinions even if their loony ;D ;D  just kidding ....I do respect you . 8)part of my italian
 upbringing......deba?   love ya mate...(.Colin.)..................or as us italian Am-say............
 love ya.....capache??....deba?.....your views are important to us!!! stillbilly2002

I could be the oldest, and being the boldest has its penalties, ask the moderators  ;)

Billy is my no 1 fan, so no flaming him please  ;D

Colin

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 11:34:56 PM »
 ;D Rufus......we love ya bro... ;D.....the keeper of the REDHORSE...........help us cope ;D ;D billy2002