Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: 13-A: do they seriously want a stool sample analysis?  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: 13-A: do they seriously want a stool sample analysis?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Don't worry about it! I'll donate anyone here some of my poop!
Just send me the test tube and a self address stamped envelop!
I did that once and my doctor told me I needed to have a
colonoscopy done, but not for worms or other parasites! ??? :o ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:44:45 PM by Art, "Just a re(tired) Fil-Am" »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline rayhigh

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 11:08:49 PM »
Ray,

I'm not American, but have a few friends of that persuasion.
They tell me that when they applied for police clearance
they went to the State Police in their region. Not the FBI.
Don't know if this helps or hinders.

Graham

Thanks.  I called the consular division of the embassy in DC, all they want is a police clearance from the county I'm living in.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »
 "The issue is that in the U.S., there are no local police clearances.  It has been said elsewhere, I think even on this site"
I did most of my paper work in the US prior to leaving for the Philippines to include the Police clearance, which took approximately 10 minutes or less to accomplish.  And yes I had to provide a stool sample as part of the medical clearance.
Once all of my paperwork was complete I went to the Philippines consulate to have it stamped/notarized.  I had no problems at all with the paperwork accomplished in the US and I have to believe it made the process much easier.

Offline mwheeler311

About Police Clearance
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 04:52:59 AM »
I just got my paperwork back from the Washington DC Philippines Embassy today. For the police clearance, find your state police website and download a form.
For example, in Kentucky this is the form you download: http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/emigration_rev01_09.pdf
Fill it out and mail back to them. That's all I had and it was accepted. I never had any contact with the embassy. No calls or even email. Took one week from the day I sent my papers to them by fedex.

Offline rayhigh

Re: About Police Clearance
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 05:06:54 AM »
I just got my paperwork back from the Washington DC Philippines Embassy today. For the police clearance, find your state police website and download a form.
For example, in Kentucky this is the form you download: http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/emigration_rev01_09.pdf
Fill it out and mail back to them. That's all I had and it was accepted. I never had any contact with the embassy. No calls or even email. Took one week from the day I sent my papers to them by fedex.

So you are saying you got the 13A by submitting all the paperwork via FedEx?  You didn't go in person to the Embassy at all?

Offline mwheeler311

Re: About Police Clearance
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »
Yes. I had tried to call and email them a few times before I ever started, but never got in touch with them. So I just sent everything to embassy in Washington DC.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »
Welcome to the group!

Please click on the link below and post a brief intro to the group.  Nothing detailed, just some basics.
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0

Looking forward to your post!    :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline rayhigh

Re: Re: About Police Clearance
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 06:16:28 AM »
Yes. I had tried to call and email them a few times before I ever started, but never got in touch with them. So I just sent everything to embassy in Washington DC.

I see.  Could you tell me which blood tests/urine test/stool tests you got to go along with the physical?  My doctor has ordered versions of all of these, but neither of us were sure what should be included.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:28 AM »
I got HIV, Occult Blood, Urine Screen, CBC, Lipid Profile, and Syphilis. I'm not sure what all the tests mean. Send me and email address I'll send you a copy of them. I got Syphilis and Cholesterol tests because I read in some forum that a guy had trouble when they wanted those when he got to quarantine in Phils, and he didn't have them. Altogether with x-rays, cost almost $1400.

Offline rayhigh

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
I got HIV, Occult Blood, Urine Screen, CBC, Lipid Profile, and Syphilis. I'm not sure what all the tests mean. Send me and email address I'll send you a copy of them. I got Syphilis and Cholesterol tests because I read in some forum that a guy had trouble when they wanted those when he got to quarantine in Phils, and he didn't have them. Altogether with x-rays, cost almost $1400.

PM with my email address sent.  Thanks!  Just in case it doesn't land, it is: rayhigh 'at' gmail dot com.

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
When I applied for my 13A in country

I went to the local hospital here gave them a stool sample and blood sample

They filed out the BI paper work and gave it back to me in 45 minutes total cost was 950 Piso's

Sounds to me like your doctor is saving up for a Porsche

Tom / Roxas City

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:25 AM »
The medical field is the largest organized crime in the US.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »
The medical field is the largest organized crime in the US.

And responsible for more wrongful deaths annually! 
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
Another update. Just got back from BI and Quarantine today. If you get your medical in the US, be sure they type OVA/PARASITE/OCCULT BLOOD on the stool test. Mine just said Occult Blood, and Quarantine wouldn't accept it. So I had to stand around drinking coffee for an hour in the canteen, so I could get them a teaspoon size sample, pay them 700 pesos and wait another hour for the results. Their test said exactly the same thing mine did; NEGATIVE. They are very strict on the title apparently. They also returned my x-ray disk, they didn't even look at it, only asked me if I had the film. Anyway, they approved me and stamped my passport.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:39:48 AM by mwheeler311 »