Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Christmas at Our House  (Read 3357 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Christmas at Our House
« on: December 24, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
We will be having a Cheese and Meat Platter for lunch and Crown Roast of Pork with veggies for dinner.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Christmas at Our House
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 01:12:00 AM »
Different......but looks really tasty.
MS

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
Different......but looks really tasty.

We had turkey during Thanksgiving and normally change it up for Christmas.  Ham is not high on my list.  Previously it has been Cornish Hens, Leg of Lamb., Prime Rib of Beef, whole Lechon last year or something else. I was a USAF Open Mgmt Supt and also managed restaurants after retirement from USAF and my degree is in Hotel/Rest Mgmt with minor in Culinary Arts. It is enjoyably to try different recipes/cuisines for the Holidays or actually anytime.

Chuck
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:23:18 PM by bigrod »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:31:47 AM »
We had turkey during Thanksgiving and normally change it up for Christmas.  Ham is not high on my list.  Previously it has been Cornish Hens, Leg of Lamb., Prime Rib of Beef, whole Lechon last year or something else. I was a USAF Open Mgmt Supt and also managed restaurants after retirement from USAF and my degree is in Hotel/Rest Mgmt with minor in Culinary Arts. It is enjoyably to try different recipes/cuisines for the Holidays or actually anytime.

Chuck

Funny how that is 8)
I enjoyed the different ethnic foods of many neighborhoods where I grew up as a kid in the 60s.
But it was not until I joined the Military did I really get a good appreciation of overseas authentic ethnic foods from such as; Germany, Italy, France, Norway, Holland, Afghanistan, Saudi, Philippines, etc.
The one country that stood out the most was Korea! The first time I stepped into a Chow Hall I was wandering what the hell smelled like soiled diapers...the old cotton type! Well I soon noticed it was coming from a big 3/4 foot long stainless serving bin. Only the KATUSAs were digging into this fermentation and dropping it next to their rice, not to mention for breakfast, lunch & dinner! Now to add insult to injury was when you would be stuck running  behind one of these great Warriors at 0600 and their sweat and whatever they decided to let loose you were inhaling for the next 4 to 6 miles.
So one night while myself and the rest of the platoon was enjoying a few Combat Size Bottles of Korea's finest Soju we stumbled into one of those fine open air Squid, Bat, Gaegogi & Kimchi stands. Well after partaking in that much Soju we all found the next morning  how good or not how good those little K9s and Kimchi really were from the night before. I have not had Gaegogi since I have left from Korea but I do enjoy some of Moma's fine home made Kimchi with Balut & Yakimandus at least once a month.

Never knock some diifernet ethnic food until you try it at least once....even if that means prepping with a couple shots of Soju :D
MS