Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

eBooks

<< < (2/11) > >>

starrt:
The \"free\" books that are available at most sites are books on which the copyright has expired.
This link explains it all:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

I have the Kobo, which is available through Canadian book stores. The one advantage is that it is not the same format as the Kindle, so I can download and read most everything. It also allows PDF files to be installed and read.

Good luck in your search for a reader in the Philippines, but, worse case scenario, get somebody to buy it for you in North America or Europe and have them ship it to you.

:

--- Quote from: starrt on February 08, 2011, 01:17:55 AM ---The \"free\" books that are available at most sites are books on which the copyright has expired.
This link explains it all:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

I have the Kobo, which is available through Canadian book stores. The one advantage is that it is not the same format as the Kindle, so I can download and read most everything. It also allows PDF files to be installed and read.

Good luck in your search for a reader in the Philippines, but, worse case scenario, get somebody to buy it for you in North America or Europe and have them ship it to you.

--- End quote ---

I tried to download the Jungle Book from the Gutenberg site but it failed  ???

The Kobo seems to rely on the epub format which is probably on of the most useful ones, but not supported by the Kindle.  I have used Calibre to convert to it from .lit, .mobi and .rtf, but it does not seem to like .doc files. MS Word will convert them to .rtf so I will try that later.

I am planning to try out www.pobox.ph to get a BN Nook Color from the US. Their minimum size is a total dimension of 43\" so I may add a few extra goodies to make best use of the $30 shipping.

Colin

RUFUS:
Reading???...Bahhh
I\'ll wait for the movie...lol

:

--- Quote from: RUFUS on February 08, 2011, 11:47:22 PM ---Reading???...Bahhh
I\'ll wait for the movie...lol

--- End quote ---

Never as good as the book ;)

Colin

Oztravels:
The ipad makes a brilliant ereader. You have to install several readers though. (Kindle, Stanza etc).

I just downloaded 987 ebooks (Torrent  ;). that will keep us going for a while  :)

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version