Technical Stuff > Internet Connections & TV

Fast, reliable wifi

<< < (2/2)

starrt:
Hi All,

Both JoeLP and codefreeze explained the situation in the Philippines, for most cases and places.

I would just like to add in my recent experience.

The wife and I spent a week in a sort of remote part of Busuanga. There is no cabled internet service there, which we knew beforehand, so we brought our old (5 years old) TPLink cell modem. We used a Globe sim card, as Smart does not have reliable service where we were. Even the Globe service was not that reliable. Some times we had a great connection, and other times nothing at all.

Yes, in major cities, and major islands, cable ineternet and even cell service wifi, such as TPLink, or Tatoo, or whatever else, is getting better. However there are still lots of places and areas where internet service is still not 100% reliable.

Thanks
Thomas

codefreeze:

--- Quote from: starrt on February 18, 2022, 04:41:38 AM ---The wife and I spent a week in a sort of remote part of Busuanga. There is no cabled internet service there, which we knew beforehand, so we brought our old (5 years old) TPLink cell modem. We used a Globe sim card, as Smart does not have reliable service where we were. Even the Globe service was not that reliable. Some times we had a great connection, and other times nothing at all.

--- End quote ---

When I was last there you were lucky if you got electricity, let alone Internet! :) Perhaps better these days?

Lovely place though - fantastic wreck diving, volcanic lakes, crystal clear water, and Maquinit hot springs! Beautiful. Fond memories of relaxing in the hot springs and shooting the breeze with an expat who owned a small restaurant in Coron town and who worked as a dive instructor on the side...happy days...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version