Itís Your Money > Real Estate Information

Have you ever sold your real estate in the Philippines?

(1/6) > >>

Lee2:
I keep hearing from friends and reading online, that it is almost impossible to sell Philippines homes or condos that it makes me wonder if anyone has had any luck selling their Philippine property and if so, how did they do it?

In my case I was able to sell an extra 30 sq meter condo unit we had in Cebu that we had bought when we bought our condo unit that we live in part time, we were going to use the extra unit for relatives and friends stays and storage when the time came for us to move to the Philippines full time when I had turned 65 but when we decided to continue our part time lifestyle instead, we put that unit up for sale earlier this year and was luck enough to be able to find someone who wanted an inexpensive place to live part time, so it worked out for us but how about you all, anyone sell a property and if so did you advertise it in the news, online, or use a realtor and how long did it take to sell?

JoeLP:
I haven't sold anything yet.  That said, a Brit near where I live built a nice large home right on the national road in the municipality to the west of where I live.  Put over 12mil php into it and it was on a large lot of over 2 hectares with a wall around it.

He decided almost a year ago to sell it.  Was finally able to this last late July/early August.  But he was only able to get 8mil php.  He started at 14mil on the price. 

So, I'm going to wait before I build anything on land that Tina and I have.  Don't really want to touch that until we are for sure going to be living in the Phils full time and permanently.  Right now we plan a move back to the US for LJ so he can attend better schools than what is currently available here in Catarman(Tina doesn't want to move to a different place in the Phils, so either we stay in Catarman, or go to US).

I have a USAF friend also over near where the Brit was with his house up for sale.  He put around 10mil php into it and just recently put it up for sale for cost.  If he has the same trouble selling it....that will cement my plans to wait till a later point in life.  Do not trust any pinoy to watch a house that's fully first world.  Seen/heard too many horror stories of very nice houses being destroyed by locals.

marshie:
^I am trying to sell the condo Iíve been paying for 6 months already but to no avail.  This is on pre-selling state and expected turnover will be in 18months.  Not as easy to sell the property despite asking for the the downplayment I paid only.  I have an agent who do the legwork in selling.

FastWalk:
I think..  it is about location and price range.   We just bought a house that was for sale for a long time.  The price we paid was much less than the asking or even the prior estimates used when the previous owner pawned it.  I could not justify building from scratch when it was possible to get so much discount on used.  If I ever sell it (I mean my wife ever sells it) I expect to not get a profit and likely loose something. 

In the area we purchased there are other foreigners trying to sell in the range of 12-14m,   on the market for long time(years) with no buyers.

Raw land is a different story.  In a developing area land can have multiple bidders with nice returns for only 1+ years.

Lee2:

--- Quote from: marshie on November 26, 2017, 02:20:29 PM ---^I am trying to sell the condo Iíve been paying for 6 months already but to no avail.  This is on pre-selling state and expected turnover will be in 18months.  Not as easy to sell the property despite asking for the the downplayment I paid only.  I have an agent who do the legwork in selling.

--- End quote ---
It is extremely hard to second hand sell a pre-sell condo unless you find someone like yourself who is willing to buy and wait, I hope you find a buyer.

Out of curiosity, what area is the condo unit located in and how many sq meters is it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version