Living in The Philippines > Philippine Culture, Filipino Family Relationships

Left Scratching My Head!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tim_L:
I feel you all, itís crazy the stuff I see here.  Lol
I went into Burger King yesterday in Ayala Mall for lunch at around 11:45.
Order a double cheeseburger combo. Sorry, all we have is the chicken sandwhich.
Iím like your kidding me, right? This is Burger King and you have no friggen burgers???
Sorry sir, just the chicken sandwhich. I said I donít like chicken. Sorry Sir. Just chicken. Lol
Is this Burger King or chicken king I said to the girl? Sorry Sir, just chicken.

And I canít even count how many times iíve Sent burgers back that I ordered ďplainĒ that end up with mayo on them. Wtf does plain mean? Means PLAIN nothing on it, no mayo, no lettuce, no tomato. Freaking plain. Why is this so damned difficult?

Iím not normally one to send food back either as I always worry what they are going to do to it on a remake but Jesus, why is it so hard to follow simple directions for people.

Choobi choobiís website has all over it, garlic crab legs, go in there last night. We donít have that anymore. Just black pepper or Asian which the dude said was even spicier. Asked if they could just not put nothing at all. Nope, one or the other. Smfh.... take the crap off your web site then.

Seems like a bunch of freaking morons here sometimes....

BudM:
Go to Zack's.  They don't smother it with mayo.  I don't like it either on my burger so I add ketchup after I get it.  Zack's gives it to you how you want plain.  I don't have any problem with Burger King though.  If you order the 3 cheese, or maybe it is 4 cheese.  You get bun, burger and cheese.  That is all.  You have to peel it apart to put ketchup on it.

I don't know about Army & Navy.  The one by me has started stinking up the place with their quality and lazy butt service so I don't patronize them anymore.

Steve & Myrlita:
I have also learned the "Plain" lesson the hard way. I found a work around. Instead of saying plain, say no lettuce, no mayo. (Chicken / Burger) and bun lang (Only). Yeah, head scratcher but remember, their English and education isn't the same as ours. Sometimes you have to break it down to 1st or 2nd grade level. It's not their fault, it's the inferior education system.

bigrod:

--- Quote from: BudM on August 24, 2018, 04:36:24 PM ---Go to Zack's.  They don't smother it with mayo.  I don't like it either on my burger so I add ketchup after I get it.  Zack's gives it to you how you want plain.  I don't have any problem with Burger King though.  If you order the 3 cheese, or maybe it is 4 cheese.  You get bun, burger and cheese.  That is all.  You have to peel it apart to put ketchup on it.

I don't know about Army & Navy.  The one by me has started stinking up the place with their quality and lazy butt service so I don't patronize them anymore.

--- End quote ---

Zack's or Zark's?  Have ordered Zark's and they are fine.  Army/Navy now that is a different opinion.  Went to the one in Tagaytay New Years Ee afternoon a few years ago, no burgers available.  Have not been back to any Army/Navy since.

Chuck

BudM:

--- Quote from: bigrod on August 24, 2018, 05:56:46 PM ---Zack's or Zark's?  Have ordered Zark's and they are fine.  Army/Navy now that is a different opinion.  Went to the one in Tagaytay New Years Ee afternoon a few years ago, no burgers available.  Have not been back to any Army/Navy since.

Chuck

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you are right.  It is Zark's.  I did not even have to look it up just now and know I messed up.  I don't pay attention to the name of the place much but there are plenty of them around for me to see the sign and go to.

I think they got new management at Army/Navy that I used to go to.  It is really sucking.

You know, S&R food counters are going downhill in quality now, although I never liked their burgers anyway but, they seem to be puttering out, in general, at a rapid pace.  And I think one of the main contributing factors was all these stand-alones they have been opening up at the malls.  Diluting their personal with the hurry up or little training and the lack of any experience, with a lot of them, to get enough employees.  Even in the stores.  I got crap for fries at the new S&R in P'que the other day.  Tasted like a mixture of three or four batches thrown around behind the counter and recooked.  I got my S&R card a couple of years before I even moved here even and never have I ever had crap for french fries from them.  And I have gotten a couple of lousy slices of pizza lately too.  Plus, they did away with Calzone and trying to do a couple specialty things.  I don't know who told them they need to get away from what works but they sure screwed up.  I am ready to quit getting anything from their snack bars. 

That is ok.  A place goes to crap after time and there is always someplace decent around the corner.  I have the time but I don't have the time to sit around and moan and groan about some place being lousy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version