Technical Stuff > Internet Connections & TV

PLDT Optic Fibre the way to go.

(1/5) > >>

brett4gam:
G'day.  About 10-12 months ago PLDT ran their optic fibre cable in our estate in Sta Rosa Laguna.  Initially we signed up for the 10Mbps plan.  About 4 months ago we were adivsed that they had increased the speed up to 20Mbps at no extra cost.

No complaints at all about that, however yesterday and just now I did a speed test and was amazed at the results.  The cost per month is PHP4,385 which includes a 500/month payment for one of their home cams that I have facing the front fence and gate.

jjcabgou:
SWEET!!  Still expensive relative to the rest of the world,  but at least there is progress on the horizon.
With the new competition from Australia coming, I think the internet future looks better for the Philippines

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
Brett,
Good to hear that you now have the PLDT fiber! It's not yet in our area, but I haven't yet inquired about it. Anyway, our 3.5 Mbps is still doing fine at P1,800 a month and we can live with it for a while even though my movie downloads takes longer than normal, but it's doable.
I hear you also have the security CCTV system, that's good. Well, we do not really need it since our guard house sits adjacent to our lot, a stone throw away. So, we have our own 24/7 security just next door from us.  :o ;)

Lee2:

--- Quote from: brett4gam on October 29, 2015, 11:54:23 AM ---G'day.  About 10-12 months ago PLDT ran their optic fibre cable in our estate in Sta Rosa Laguna.  Initially we signed up for the 10Mbps plan.  About 4 months ago we were adivsed that they had increased the speed up to 20Mbps at no extra cost.

No complaints at all about that, however yesterday and just now I did a speed test and was amazed at the results.  The cost per month is PHP4,385 which includes a 500/month payment for one of their home cams that I have facing the front fence and gate.

--- End quote ---
That is great news to hear, thanks for posting about it, it gives us hope that someday the Philippines will catch up. The price is a little high for the average retiree and for the most part unless people are downloading movies or doing some type of work online that would require that fast a speed, most of us do not need that much speed but it would be great for me to be able to have at least 10mbps while in the Philippines and to get it at a reasonable price.

copusmaximus:
for areas that have it now look   https://www.facebook.com/notes/pldt-home/list-of-areas-covered-by-fibr/418884931531929
not my area yet but yes things are looking beter . i have 10 mbs sky in imus speed test shows 10 but consistency is not there it can be 0 then 10 then 0 again every min up and down or none at all . will be happy to pay if got constant signal .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version