Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Aggghhhhhh PLDT!  (Read 2518 times)

Aggghhhhhh PLDT!
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:39:35 AM »
Wife paid the bill last month at the local office, got a receipt, but this month we get a final demand along with the new bill, and the threat to disconnect. Tried calling 171, but it just goes on hold perpetually! >:(

Local office says there is nothing they can do, that the billing office is in Manila and we need to call 171......

Last night I needed to call the USA to arrange transfer of monies to buy land, the IDD has been cut off!!!!!

Does anybody have a back door number to get through to theses clowns??? Or some way to circumvent the non functioning 171?

In the past they have advised my wife to view her bills Online, but when you go to the Online section of the web site there is nothing there about Online anything?!?!  ??? >:( Just blurb about alternative methods of payment.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: Aggghhhhhh PLDT!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »
Wife paid the bill last month at the local office, got a receipt, but this month we get a final demand along with the new bill, and the threat to disconnect. Tried calling 171, but it just goes on hold perpetually! >:(

Local office says there is nothing they can do, that the billing office is in Manila and we need to call 171......

Last night I needed to call the USA to arrange transfer of monies to buy land, the IDD has been cut off!!!!!

Does anybody have a back door number to get through to theses clowns??? Or some way to circumvent the non functioning 171?

In the past they have advised my wife to view her bills Online, but when you go to the Online section of the web site there is nothing there about Online anything?!?!  ??? >:( Just blurb about alternative methods of payment.

Take your original bill and pay again at any BAYAD center.

You can also pay using your SMART MONEY DEBIT card if you ever got one of those.

Then when they figure it out 1-2 months later - do not expect an apology. Happened to me once - I had to pay twice and find my original Reciept to get a credit back later.

Vasaline helps
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Take your original bill and pay again at any BAYAD center.

You can also pay using your SMART MONEY DEBIT card if you ever got one of those.

Then when they figure it out 1-2 months later - do not expect an apology. Happened to me once - I had to pay twice and find my original Reciept to get a credit back later.

Vasaline helps

I\'d really rather slash my wrists than play into their ridiculous games like that.

The thing is that they have cut off our IDD, and even paying the bill a second time might not necessarily mean it gets connected, without talking to the-cretins-who-won\'t-answer-the-phone on 171.

Wife just spent 45 minutes on hold, to 171, and now we are going to the PLDT office where she paid the bill, and we won\'t leave there until this is sorted out. They will have direct contact with billing, and they are responsible for sorting this, as they had the money and obviously never passed it on to billing.

Offline hdmule

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
I had PLDT for 3 years and never had a real major problem with them other than never getting my bill on time ....... but I went through one of their in-home service reps ...... she signed us up for the account and when ever we had problems she handled them for us when we called her ....

This time we chose Globe because of the better net/landline package and price ....... 1300p per month for both ...... did have a problem the first month with them not delivering the bill and then calling us and threatening to cut off service .... paid it and then the service went down for 3 weeks ..... my asawa called them every day (yea the Manila bit too) ..... and we heard all kinds of excuses as to why it wasn\'t working ..... internet was spotty and kept dropping out but it was usable ...... finally it quit all together so we went to the local office to complain ..... next day a service man came out and the problem fixed ....... they also credited me the next month for the 3 weeks of down time ...... learned my lesson .... I  now deal with the local branch ...... in fact they told us to ........... we use the new office in SM mall ...... good bunch of people

But your ordeal is different as they told you to deal through Manila ......

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »
Wasted an hour in PLDT local office this morning, insisting they sort the problem. They spent an hour this morning trying to phone somebody, anybody, in their own head office in Manila. They could  not get through!

They tried, they honestly did.

Mind you, they also insisted the reason we lost our IDD was because we paid late this month, not because PLDT somehow lost our payment last month.

Hang on, I said, the bill arrived two days ago, by LBC courier, with a \'must be paid by 15th Nov\' note on it.

Manager then tried to tell me that new policy is that you lose IDD if you don\'t pay your bill immediately...... ???

I persuaded the woman that was living in lala land if she could not work out that PLDT has some serious problems, on several levels.

Lunchtime today we tried IDD again: still not available.

Manager phones at 5pm to apologise, stating she STILL cannot get in touch with Manila office.

Tonight at 6pm IDD was working again.

PLDT works in mysterious ways, its wonders to perform.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:58:39 PM »
PLDT IDD? I have it, but hardly use it, since I got Magic Jack and Skype!

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
2 1/2 years with PLDT without problems of billing, minor service issues resolved quickly (for Philippines)

Great thing about living in the provinces, no matter where you go (PLDT, LTO, BIR) and who you have to deal with invariably there\'s a cousin in the office and THAT helps tremendously  ;D