Itís Your Money > Money Exchanging

Taking english pounds over to Phils and where to change for the best rate

<< < (2/3) > >>

bigrod:

--- Quote from: David690 on November 03, 2016, 02:17:32 PM ---Each to their own, but for me those charges are well worth the security of not having to carry large wads of cash.  If Steve is going to be there for a month, that's a lot of cash to carry over on your person and by the sounds of it, he is not going to be staying in a hotel with a security box.  Guess he could always stash the cash under his mattress, OK as long as the guys he's gonna be sharing with don't sniff it out.

--- End quote ---

I will not try to assume whether he is going to live the whole month on the Sterling he brings over or if it is for just the first few days or a week.  The down side to using ATM/CC is it cost you money to use them.  Since CebuSteve has been here before and to Thailand which he has taken Sterling to, I would feel he knows how to secure his money.  Since he will be here during the holiday season he may find many ATMs will not have any cash due to the locals withdrawing funds for the holidays and 13th month pay.  Just my opinion, you are entitled to your own.

Chuck

David690:
I agree Chuck and as I said in my post........"Each to their own, but for me...."

BudM:
He is on a budget looking for 600 peso rooms so the last thing he probably wants to have to worry about dealing with is ATM fees.

David690:
Disagree.  The last thing he needs to worry about is having all of the cash that he has brought for the trip, stolen.  Then he is really in the .........!!

bigrod:

--- Quote from: David690 on November 03, 2016, 07:56:56 PM ---Disagree.  The last thing he needs to worry about is having all of the cash that he has brought for the trip, stolen.  Then he is really in the .........!!

--- End quote ---

Well at almost 69 years old and having lived overseas for 17+ years, I have never had money stolen from me(knock on wood).  If you use your head there should be no problem.  You never carry all your money with you at one time, just enough for your use at the time.  Even when traveling my money is in different bags/pockets etc. I also do not stay in a 600 php establishment.  Even here living in the Philippines I seldom carry more than a couple thousand peso at a time.

Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version