Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Lifestyle  (Read 16562 times)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
Re: Lifestyle
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22:12 AM »
10k pisos. Each islands structure will be different, in Bicol you will more than likely be dealing with volcanic rock, Mayan is right around the corner and others besides, there is another big and extinct one near Naga. It really depends on the depth of the water table and how close you are to the ocean as to what you will be drilling through. In catanduanes, it was mostly a clay loam so it was quick and 12 mtrs.

In Laguna, its all volcanic. Laguna De Bay is the Caldera of a Volcano as well, so it will be tough as nails to drill through, just my opinion though, more than likely wrong, but its my best guess based on the geology of the area.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 12:57:02 AM »
wayne , your our front line reporter..manning our FOP(forward observation post )
   needed to know about digging a well....... merci ,mon ami.....thank you my friend...Stillbilly..

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
My dalawa centavos:  We spent about $450.00 to drill the well and then have installed an electrical pump with hand powered backup and 250 gallon pressurized water tank.  The family lives in Novaliches near Fairview in metro Manila.  Although the water is relatively good quality, they sell the well water and purchase bottled water for drinking, brushing teeth, cooking, etc.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »
My dalawa centavos:  We spent about $450.00 to drill the well and then have installed an electrical pump with hand powered backup and 250 gallon pressurized water tank.  The family lives in Novaliches near Fairview in metro Manila.  Although the water is relatively good quality, they sell the well water and purchase bottled water for drinking, brushing teeth, cooking, etc.

Did that include the pumps or just the drilling?

Wayne

It included the drilling, pump, water tank and installation.  Also this was 5 years ago.  You can certainly count on an increase in prices since then.

Jack
Wayne  ;D ;D