Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Any Horses in Cebu? Looking to get a horse or two.  (Read 2376 times)

fareye

Any Horses in Cebu? Looking to get a horse or two.
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
Does anybody know if there are Horses in Cebu...because I\'d like to have a horse to trot around. I only saw a few in Bohol however. Anyone know?

thanks

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
Re: Any Horses in Cebu? Looking to get a horse or two.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »
Fareye, I saw some up in the mountains when I was there in December.  That was on the transcentral highway going towards Cantipla.  Take a taxi, or have someone drive you, and go up there.  When you see a kabayo (horse) see if you can find the owner.  I\'m quite sure they\'ll let you ride if you have enough piso.   ;D

From what I\'ve heard you would have more luck finding horses in Bukidnon and other parts of Mindanao.
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

fareye

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
Thanks Greg...I\"ll keep that in mind and give Cantipla a visit....I know there are horses on other islands...but It may be a bit tricky getting a colt on board a SuperCat ferry?!

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »
With the right trailer, you can put anything except a very pregnant woman on an form of transportation in the RP. Ask Dave about that one.

We have transported a motorcycle in the back of a bus twice now.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »
I know you can get a horse onto a ro-ro. I was on a boat with two of them. I assume some money changed hands, but hey, whatever works.
That\'s not chicken.