Living in The Philippines > Education in the Philippines

Shoe repair school or program?

<< < (2/4) > >>

talfarlow:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I doubt the "repair" side of the shoe industry has a masters degree to it though I wouldn't doubt that within the shoe design/fashion and industrial side of things you can find things to fill up a masters program.
I will check out the TESDA courses. Unfortunately, the shoe making business has a number of "boutique" shoe making courses which often fall short of really teaching you the art while being very expensive.
As mentioned, the business is often handed down from many generations so it's difficult to just pop in to something for short term. The repair business is different though.....much less involved.
Any more information or thoughts on it are greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

talfarlow:
Hi Steve and Myrlita,
By the way, I guess it wasn't or isn't a problem for a foreigner to enroll?

Steve & Myrlita:

--- Quote from: talfarlow on July 10, 2019, 01:58:38 PM ---Hi Steve and Myrlita,
By the way, I guess it wasn't or isn't a problem for a foreigner to enroll?

--- End quote ---
As long as you are a perm resident.

PS: I fixed my wife's name. Welcome to the forum.

talfarlow:
Ah, I'm not quite caught up with all of the details in the Philippines (I didn't know about the permanent resident requirement). I'm a US citizen, working in Vietnam with an eye on retirement in the next few years. Again, thanks for your responses.

Peter:

--- Quote from: talfarlow on July 10, 2019, 03:41:39 PM ---Ah, I'm not quite caught up with all of the details in the Philippines (I didn't know about the permanent resident requirement). I'm a US citizen, working in Vietnam with an eye on retirement in the next few years. Again, thanks for your responses.

--- End quote ---

The Philippines Immigration folks are very, very strict on foreigners (when they catch them) who do not have the correct visa allowing them to be educated, employed, carry out social or voluntary work, etc. etc.

Coming in as a visitor or tourist, all you can do legally is to visit or tour. Having one of the different types of permanent visas will allow you to do what you want. Best to check with the BI website for info for your particular circumstances.
The BI has a website < http://www.immigration.gov.ph  > and an 'effbook' site as well.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version