Itís Your Money > Starting and Running a Business

Jobs for ex-pats

(1/1)

PeteinCebu:
I have often been approached with the question\' \"Can I find a job in the Philippines?\". Well, unless you are a permanent resident, holder of a 13A visa, it is almost impossible. However, there are some opportunities. Cebu has become a hub of schools teaching English as a second language to Korean and Japanese students. Many of these schools are looking for native speakers of English to work as teachers. However, keep in mind that the salaries paid, although high by Filipino standards, are considerably lower than in the US. The average pay is 250 pesos per hour. Most schools will only hire you on a part-time basis, which means they can lay you off whenever there are not enough students.

All the fat ex-pat packages you may have heard of are given to people recruited in the home countries of foreign companies, and then shipped over here. Almost impossible to find any opportunity like that locally.

MikeOnQuest:
That wouldnt be bad as a income producing hobby. Just for something to do.

jayjayrp:
We found the salary to be about $1000 a month on our island.† We have a school and several instructors.† The Koreans seem to like coming to the island and learning English.
JJ

fred:
My 18 year old just got a job here with a company called Teletech..He speaks no Tagalog which seems to be an advantage in his case as he will be supporting HP customers in the USA, Aussie etc with their technical laptop difficulties.
Having said that he is a duel citizen.
This company seem to be crying out for native English speakers.. They even offered my son a promotion within the first week to be an accent trainer..He did not accept as he has made some friends in his training batch.
I have no idea if these call center companies have found a way to hire these sought after \"accent trainers \" but it could be worth an inquiry if you are prepared to work for PHP15/20,000 a month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version