Itís Your Money > Starting and Running a Business

Majal, would you like to chat with me about investment in the PHL

<< < (2/9) > >>

Lee2:
Since this is really about the Philippines and I was just using it as an example, I wonder if anyone would mind if I move it over to the main forum where it could help everyone and delete this post when I do?

coleman2347:

--- Quote from: Majal on October 22, 2015, 08:06:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: coleman2347 on October 22, 2015, 02:29:33 PM ---Wife, does pretty good with the rice stuff...loans farmers money, gets paid in sacks of rice, one sack per 1000p, usually makes about 1000p per sack...sold something like 70 sacks last month without really trying....usually keeps a sack or two around for the neighbors I think its 40p per kilo...buts more a courtesy thing

--- End quote ---

That's one of the business my family run for years Lee. It has it's Up and Down  esp with Mother Nature unpredictable. But your right, no sweat at all... Rice has been expensive as well over there isn't it? My cousin own a rice mill also (theres only 2 in town so theres demand there).  Would you guys be able to do that in Pampangga as well?

--- End quote ---

Hopefully, its easy here as she knows everybody, obviously she would have to make contacts again and we really only know a few there...She can always use her accountancy degree and set up her own office or go in with somebody...but she really does not want regular hours because of the kids....

Majal:

--- Quote from: Lee2 on October 22, 2015, 08:15:40 PM ---Since this is really about the Philippines and I was just using it as an example, I wonder if anyone would mind if I move it over to the main forum where it could help everyone and delete this post when I do?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Lee2 on October 22, 2015, 06:31:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Majal on October 22, 2015, 03:08:44 AM ---sure...but as you know I'm only interested so I have something to do and not so much to as a 24/7 hands on. My sister is thinking of CEMETERY. Buying acres of land, glorify it like a golf course (like how some of the private cemeteries here...I see potentials of growth in that. I always though the funeral business is a good investment. There's always demand for it.

--- End quote ---
That seems like a great idea, I had already seen something like that advertised on TV while in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, I am not sure of the zoning issues or the dealing with pay off issues to get land zoned but at least the residents will not be complainers.  ;)

Another idea might be a funeral home that has one of those ovens to cremate people, they get to sell urns and charge for the cremation, there has to be some big profit in both and if you had a cemetery as well, then you would be all set.

--- End quote ---
Cemeteries at least in my area is very populated and I'm sure there's plenty thinking about this already. I'm only interested in the plots. Private, maintain a caretaker, gardener for a monthly fee (sort of HOA).  Funeral homes there's 2 also in my areas for like forever... don't have to reinvent the wheel,  a competition.

Cremation still a touchy  subjects there as  you know Catholics are not fond of cremation but it will be good to have that option as well for customers.

***Oh Im sorry Lee2, I was thinking about that yesterday..if you were just making an example for me.... and boy, I just keep going huh :) Ok if you want to move it thats fine...

Lee2:
Topic moved over to main forum from the hidden forums since it might benefit everyone and this way more people are welcome to join in.

Majal:

--- Quote from: Lee2 on October 22, 2015, 08:31:29 PM ---Topic moved over to main forum from the hidden forums since it might benefit everyone and this way more people are welcome to join in.

--- End quote ---

Ok, sorry adding work for you Lee2 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version