Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

final reading House Bill 2387

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shewmake:

--- Quote from: coleman2347 on November 09, 2014, 02:24:20 PM ---My wife Maline read this and said the following, " What the hell is wrong with them, if anything that should be the requirements for Filipino guys"

--- End quote ---

Amen to that.

wildbill:
To me all this feel like pure Hate Towards the white man......I don't think I have seen a poor white man using a pinay.

coleman2347:
I had a conversation last night with a friend of mine that works in the Mayors office in Quezon City...a older woman. HB2387 was the topic of conversation.
  This is an intelligent woman with a degree in Political Science. She is 100% for the bill, because she says that they see a lot of forgn, guys taking advantage of Filipina's. 

As she is a pretty good friend and we argue politics a lot, I told here I thought the bill was a slam against forgn, and if they wanted to do something they should do it to the Filipinos that take advantage of girls here.

She said that unless the girls were legally married there was nothing the law could do.

From her point of view, they see a lot of forgn. that take advantage of Phil girls...

I suppose, most of us never see that...at least I dont,

I still do not agree with the bill, see it as unenforceable and zero foresight..zero common sense.
  But having known this woman for some time, and having had many conversations with her, the one thing I am sure of..is most of the Politicians in Manila have completely lost touch with the rest of the country....

cogon88:
Many Filipinos resent Foreigners marring local girls although they will not tell you to your face

Freddie Aguilar is very vocal about this he wants to keep the Filipino Race Pure ??

But when he was caught dating a 16 year old nothing was done

60-year-old legendary singer Freddie Aguilar admits to dating and ready to marry his 16-year-old girlfriend Jovie Albao.. According to Aguilar, he didn't know the woman's age when he started courting her.

There was never any case filed against him

If it had been a foreigner with a 16 yr old he would have been sentenced to jail for 25 Years for rape

They have even modified the rape law so that if you pick up a GRO and Pay her for here services its classified as Rape now no matter her age

coleman2347:

--- Quote from: cogon88 on November 11, 2014, 10:51:57 AM ---Many Filipinos resent Foreigners marring local girls although they will not tell you to your face

Freddie Aguilar is very vocal about this he wants to keep the Filipino Race Pure ??

But when he was caught dating a 16 year old nothing was done

60-year-old legendary singer Freddie Aguilar admits to dating and ready to marry his 16-year-old girlfriend Jovie Albao.. According to Aguilar, he didn't know the woman's age when he started courting her.

There was never any case filed against him

If it had been a foreigner with a 16 yr old he would have been sentenced to jail for 25 Years for rape

They have even modified the rape law so that if you pick up a GRO and Pay her for here services its classified as Rape now no matter her age

--- End quote ---

There is definitely a prejudice, nationalistic side of things here, not all but enough.  Especially in Manila, which unfortunately is where the laws are made.  I have seen some here in Tacloban but not much and rarely.  In real life, nothing is ever all good...as time goes on, and the Philippines gets more global, hopefully some of those things will pass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version