Contributions By Members > Living Costs in different areas, cities, provinces

Guess My Electric Bill will Go Up

(1/5) > >>

bigrod:
After 5 3/4 years finally putting Aircon in our house.  Today they are installing A/C in our bedroom.  Guess climate change has finally hit me, darn the heat is finally getting to me. Sleeping should be more comfortable starting tonight.

Chuck

Lee2:
I could not do without the a/c, I have a filter fan running in our condo and the dirt that comes out of the filters in both amazes me. In Florida I only change my filter ever few months and probably could get way with even longer, here, even one month seems to be too long.

As for your electric bill, maybe you can cut somewhere else, what type of a/c unit did you buy?

bigrod:
It is a Daikin 1hp non-inverter, Lee.  Our desktop is also in the master bedroom so hopefully it will benefit from the A/C too. Daikin is ranked with Carrier.

Chuck

Lee2:

--- Quote from: bigrod on March 16, 2016, 11:32:25 AM ---It is a Daikin 1hp non-inverter, Lee.  Our desktop is also in the master bedroom so hopefully it will benefit from the A/C too. Daikin is ranked with Carrier.

Chuck

--- End quote ---
Thanks...

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:

--- Quote from: bigrod on March 16, 2016, 11:01:47 AM ---After 5 3/4 years finally putting Aircon in our house.  Today they are installing A/C in our bedroom.  Guess climate change has finally hit me, darn the heat is finally getting to me. Sleeping should be more comfortable starting tonight.

Chuck

--- End quote ---
Our wall mounted unit is a 1HP Hatachi brand and we run it 24/7 all year round since we stay at home most of the time and our average electric bill is around P7,500 to P8,000 a month, will be more though these coming summer months.
Some who have installed inverter type A/Cs have sworn that they have saved on their monthly electricity bill. I really don't know for sure, since we are still using our original 1HP split type and window type A/C so we have nothing to compare it with an inverter type, except for what I've read on-line like the link below.
http://www.penguinaircon.com/index.php/articles/inverter

I'd like to know more about solar powered A/Cs, but they seem to have a lot of restrictions and would cost a little more as mentioned in the this link below:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-powered-air-conditioning-unit/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version