Living in The Philippines > Languages, Learning History, Politics etc.

Hiligaynon/Hilongo online lessons

(1/1)

:
Dear All,

I\'m looking for Hiligaynon or Hilongo on-line lessons. There is one link on the official web site of Bacolod City but it\'s very limited...
I have searched but was not successful in finding anything better.

Thanks and regards,

Jean-Marc

Gray Wolf:
Jean-Marc,

I hope you can find something, but I wouldn\'t hold my breath while searching if I were you.  It\'s relatively easy to find online tutorials for the major languages of the Philippines, but when you start breaking the languages down into the smaller, more dispersed dialects you will find very little, I\'m afraid.  But don\'t let me put you off in your search.  If you do find something for those dialects, I hope you will note it here for others who are looking for help with them as well.  Good luck in your quest, my friend!

Jack

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: Jean-Marc on January 11, 2008, 03:19:53 PM ---Dear All,

I\'m looking for Hiligaynon or Hilongo on-line lessons. There is one link on the official web site of Bacolod City but it\'s very limited...
I have searched but was not successful in finding anything better.

Thanks and regards,

Jean-Marc

--- End quote ---

Jean-Marc,

Here\'s a link for an online dictionary you might find helpful, courtesy of GregW:

http://www.bansa.org/dictionaries/

:
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your answer.
As per Wikipedia there are about 2 millions people speaking Hilongo. I tried to find in Bacolod books to learn this language but only found a poor dictionary. But I will continue to search and of course if i find something I will share it on this forum.

Regards,

Jean-Marc

:
Dear All,

As promised  :) I have continued my search for Hiligaynon/Hilonggo lessons. While I have not find an \"on-line\" lessons actually, I have found a document which was published I reckon in 90 as an \"Ilonggo language training of Peaces Corps worker in the Philippines\".
It\'s a comprehensive document made of phrases lists, list of targeted core languages competencies, Ilonggo to English glossary, a workbook with illustrated exercises for language practice and skill reinforcement and extensive grammar notes.

It\'s in pdf format and can be downloaded at the following link:

www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED402758&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED402758

Now I have to learn....

Regards,

Jean-Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version