Living in The Philippines > Philippine Culture, Filipino Family Relationships

Gift Ideas Please

<< < (3/3)

wildbill:
I like your gift box GW thats what he should focus on.nice one

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: starrt on April 09, 2013, 06:30:43 PM ---Hi all,

I was reading through this thread, and one thing kept popping into my head, that most of what you all have listed as gifts can be gotten in most malls in Manila, and other towns.

The first time that I went to the Phils, I brought with me what I thought would be unique items, like chocolates etc, only to find them on the shelves in the stores.

--- End quote ---

The difference is that those name brand chocolates are sold at suggested retail which is expensive for most Filipinos.  You can buy a bag of Hershey's Kisses at SM, but it will be the equivalent of paying $3-5 per bag.  That puts it out of reach for many.

We got Kisses on sale for $0.76 per bag with Glo's 15% employee discount.  Three Musketeers Mini's 9oz bag for $1.01 and 1lb bags of Reese's P/B Eggs for $1.48 ea.  This made up the "50 pieces" of chocolate packed into the two balikbayan boxes mentioned before.  Our boxes go out packed tight with goodies! 

Oh!  I almost forgot pasta!  We include several bags of pasta in our boxes most of the time.  Elbow macaroni and spaghetti are their favorites. 

RinaldiMan:
Hi guys, just to share with you because it's almost Halloween again, A lot of parties that will be held during this time. One of the most looked forward parties is held at Belleboo Haunted Mansion by The Bellevue on October 26, 2019; 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. They have various rates PhP1,200 nett per person 15% discount for BSD members, 15% discount for BKC members, 20% discount for Senior citizen/PWD card holders.

But if you're looking for something different they are a lot more this link might just help you out: https://yoorekka.com/magazine/2019/10/10/halloween-party-2019-hotel-trick-or-treat-events-in-manila/.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version