Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Must leave country once per year???

(1/4) > >>

KingDaddy118:
Hello,,I\'m new and would like to know if when I move to the Philippines in about a year from now will I have to leave the country once a year? I am married to a filipina and we live in Virginia for the past 3 years.She came here on a K-1 visa...Thanks,Jerry

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
Not exactly true.....when you arive in the Philippines (with your wife) you should be ganted a 1 year \"balikbayan\" visa.

Without your wife you\'d just get a 21 day tourist visa.

There are numerous options that allow the tourist visa entry to extend out to 18 months in 2 month increments, then an additional 6 months can be obtained but needs to be done in Manila.
So tourist visa can be extended out to 2 years.

Not sure what is available in extending \"balikbayan\" visa. A search for bakinayan and extension in the top left hand corner of this forum page should turn up something

Balikbayan visa will save you the approx P4,000 per extension and the 1/2 day at your local Beureau of Immgration office

Good luck

dylanaz:

--- Quote from: KingDaddy118 on August 23, 2009, 01:55:27 AM ---Hello,,I\'m new and would like to know if when I move to the Philippines in about a year from now will I have to leave the country once a year? I am married to a filipina and we live in Virginia for the past 3 years.She came here on a K-1 visa...Thanks,Jerry

KingDaddy118:
Hey thanks,,you guys are a big help..if I have more questions I hope you don\'t mind me asking,,

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:

--- Quote from: KingDaddy118 on August 23, 2009, 07:32:43 AM ---Hey thanks,,you guys are a big help..if I have more questions I hope you don\'t mind me asking,,

--- End quote ---

Hey that\'s the purpose of this place......

You didn\'t state whether you were moving to the Philippines permanantly or on a trial basis. If permanent then 13A is the way to go.......don\'t know the costs or time it takes (your 1 year should be plenty).....balikbayan is issued on arrival.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version