Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Dual Citizenship for the kids

(1/1)

GWG:
I searched the forums to see if this was covered but I couldn\'t find it.
Sorry to repost if it has.

My wife is from Cebu and we have been married 25 years. We have 2 kids together and her 2 sons from a previous marriage that I also raised.
Our 2 youngest kids were born in the US, now 17 & 21 years old.
We are in the process of getting my wife\'s dual citizenship (DC) and my 13A because we are about to retire and move back to PI.
My question is, after my wife gets her DC, is there anyway our 2 American Born, half Filipino kids can get it also?

Reason being, when we leave the US we are completely liquidating our assets. We will not own one thing in the US.
All of our assets will be in the PI. When we die we would like to be able to divide everything we have between all four of our kids, including houses and property.

We don\'t know how we can do this if they are not dual citizens.

dylanaz:

--- Quote from: GWG on October 25, 2009, 07:33:10 PM ---I searched the forums to see if this was covered but I couldn\'t find it.
Sorry to repost if it has.

My wife is from Cebu and we have been married 25 years. We have 2 kids together and her 2 sons from a previous marriage that I also raised.
Our 2 youngest kids were born in the US, now 17 & 21 years old.
We are in the process of getting my wife\'s dual citizenship (DC) and my 13A because we are about to retire and move back to PI.
My question is, after my wife gets her DC, is there anyway our 2 American Born, half Filipino kids can get it also?

Reason being, when we leave the US we are completely liquidating our assets. We will not own one thing in the US.
All of our assets will be in the PI. When we die we would like to be able to divide everything we have between all four of our kids, including houses and property.

We don\'t know how we can do this if they are not dual citizens.

--- End quote ---

If you are getting your wife dual citizenship before you arrive in Philippines...

You can do the same for her/your children. Get the paperwork from your local Philippine consulate.

GregW:
It would appear that the 21 year old is over the age limit for inclusion with your wife.  Hurry and you can get the 17 year old in.  I would assume that the 21 year old would have to apply on their own. 

\"8.    What is the citizenship of the children of one who re-acquires Filipino citizenship?

If his/her children are unmarried and below 18 years of age at the time of re-acquisition of Filipino citizenship, his/her children are also recognized as Filipino citizens under Philippine law and are entitled to the rights and privileges attendant thereto.\"

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dualcitizenship_faq.htm#8

Best would be for you to contact the Embassy or Consulate serving your area.  Here  is a link to those in the US;

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/Consulates.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version