Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: new posts visible?  (Read 4375 times)

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
Hey all,

Is there an easy way to view all new posts?    Is there a way at all?  How do you all keep up with whats been newly posted?

best...oh yeah..Happy New Year!

Offline hdmule

• Sr Member
Re: new posts visible?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »
Go to the quick links button on the top right side of the board ..... click on it and then click on New Posts .....

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
Mike,

The \"Quick Links\" is available in the Default Theme set up in your \"Profile\" in the \"Look & Layout\" Section. My Current Theme: Babylon Theme, does not have this Option.

Most of the Members use the Default Theme, while 11 of us use the Babylon Theme. There\'s 5 Themes to choose from.

Billy

"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
Trivia Time:

In my Profile \"Look & Layout Preferences\", there\'s also settings I have Checked (shown as red) that I find helpful:

Show board descriptions inside boards.
Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first.
Don\'t show users\' avatars.
Don\'t show users\' signatures.
Return to topics after posting by default.
Don\'t warn on new replies made while posting.
Show most recent posts at the top.
Show most recent personal messages at top.
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
thanks all.  I appreciate it...  I will go and change my profile as I really like to see the new posts default .     

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:39:15 PM »
I am actually lazier than that, I have a bookmark on my toolbar for the new posts on the forum. If you create a bookmark on the toolbar in Firefox, then go into properties for the bookmark and past in this \"http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?action=unread\" without the quotes, eh voila, when you click it, new posts every time.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:02:50 AM »
I am actually lazier than that, I have a bookmark on my toolbar for the new posts on the forum. If you create a bookmark on the toolbar in Firefox, then go into properties for the bookmark and past in this \"http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?action=unread\" without the quotes, eh voila, when you click it, new posts every time.

Wayne

Great minds think alike, I do the same for all the forums I frequent and also to view my emails.

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »
How do you create a new bookmark?  I see no option for \"new bookmark\" or anything resembling that.
Inquiring minds want to know.   ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »
After I answer this question you can move the topic to Wayne\'s World.

For Firefox 3 at the end of the URL Bar you will see a star, click in it and it becomes Yellow, you now have a bookmark. Or you can right click the page and select bookmark the page, now you also have a bookmark.

If you use the second method, you can select where you want the bookmark to go such as on the bookmark toolbar for quick reference. You can also right click a link and bookmark the link, select the toolbar and voila, you have a link that will log you in, and check for unread messages.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »
If you\'re still using Internet Explorer as your browser [strike]Bookmarks[/strike] = \"Favorites\"

If you\'re still using IE smite yourself around the head hourly until you switch, you\'re probably getting 5-10x more spyware, bugs etc etc as a bonus too

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 07:58:34 PM »
After I answer this question you can move the topic to Wayne\'s World.

For Firefox 3 at the end of the URL Bar you will see a star, click in it and it becomes Yellow, you now have a bookmark. Or you can right click the page and select bookmark the page, now you also have a bookmark.

If you use the second method, you can select where you want the bookmark to go such as on the bookmark toolbar for quick reference. You can also right click a link and bookmark the link, select the toolbar and voila, you have a link that will log you in, and check for unread messages.

Wayne

I find it easier to highlight the URL, left click and drag it onto the toolbar, that way you can also select the position you want it. The only problem I find with the toolbar is that it will only hold about six items, you have to click on the double arrows on the right to see the rest.

Colin