Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Profile pic  (Read 3354 times)

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
Profile pic
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »
Ok, I am having another \"craft\" moment, ok, a day, anyhow, I am trying to update my profile pic, and it does not seem to take. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
John
(still nothing witty comes to mind)

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
Re: Profile pic
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 03:00:52 AM »
John, what are the steps you have taken to accomplish this?  If you\'ll elaborate on this perhaps we can see where the failure is.

In the meantime, here are the steps to take;

Go to your profile and then click on \"Forum Profile Information\".  At the top of the box in the new window will be three options for importing a foto, choose the appropriate one for you.  I use \"I will upload my own picture\".  If you choose this you must have a foto already stored on your pc.  Next, click the little button that says \"Choose file\".  Use the window that pops up to locate the foto you wish to upload.  Once you have found it click the \"open\" button in the window.  Once you\'ve done that scroll down to the \"Save profile\" button and click it.  Presto you should now see your new foto on all your posts both current and previous.

One note, make sure you foto is not too large.  Don\'t know what the max size is but I try to keep it around 50-100 kb.  If you don\'t have software that will resize your fotos than I can recommend Irfan View.  It\'s a simple and free program that works great.  You can download it here;

http://www.irfanview.com/

HTH

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:34:48 AM »
Don\'t know what the max size is but I try to keep it around 50-100 kb. 

The Avatar size is 65x65.

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline Knowdafish

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
John, what are the steps you have taken to accomplish this?  If you\'ll elaborate on this perhaps we can see where the failure is.

In the meantime, here are the steps to take;

Go to your profile and then click on \"Forum Profile Information\".  At the top of the box in the new window will be three options for importing a foto, choose the appropriate one for you.  I use \"I will upload my own picture\".  If you choose this you must have a foto already stored on your pc.  Next, click the little button that says \"Choose file\".  Use the window that pops up to locate the foto you wish to upload.  Once you have found it click the \"open\" button in the window.  Once you\'ve done that scroll down to the \"Save profile\" button and click it.  Presto you should now see your new foto on all your posts both current and previous.

One note, make sure you foto is not too large.  Don\'t know what the max size is but I try to keep it around 50-100 kb.  If you don\'t have software that will resize your fotos than I can recommend Irfan View.  It\'s a simple and free program that works great.  You can download it here;

http://www.irfanview.com/

HTH

Cool! Great info! Will avatars that are in a gif format work? I have a whole bunch of gif images on my computer that are avatar size and they move (like a 2 second movie).

\"irfanview\" is that tagolog for urban view?  ;D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

Cool! Great info! Will avatars that are in a gif format work? I have a whole bunch of gif images on my computer that are avatar size and they move (like a 2 second movie).

Yep, I believe they will.  We have a few guys with waving flags for avatars.  Try yours and let\'s see.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
Well I guess it is all about size! Thanks guys, worked great!

John
(still nothing witty comes to mind)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »
Well I guess it is all about size! Thanks guys, worked great!

John

Like I\'ve said for years, size matters!   :o   ;D   Bwahahahahaha!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH