Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Problem with new posts  (Read 8603 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Problem with new posts
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »
I didn\'t do it!...LOL   :silly:  :silly:  :silly:
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »
Thanks for understanding guys!  It\'s been a trying week for me.  On top of the Forum glitches (which I\'m getting little help with outside you folks) I\'ve also been struggling with some business issues (not enough business) Gloria has been home all week on a \"staycation\" and I also had to cram 2 days of funeral into my already scrambled brain.  I do appreciate any and all help you guys give me.  

I\'m about ready to call in the cavalry to deal with some of these things.  Maybe Rufus has some ideas.  Whattaya say Ruf?  Got any ideas, suggestions or maybe a cold brew?   :P
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

titomojo

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »
Have sub zero San Miguel Pale Pilsen or Light Kapatid! on me... Your doin a great job!!!

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »
add: From personal experience, all new forums and all new software seem to have bugs, so even when things get upgraded on some forums then there are usually many bugs that need to be worked out. I often wonder why the heck the software companies keep doing upgrades that have so many bugs in them.  :(  :blink:[/quote]

In my experience, rewriting parts of software to remove a bug will put in two more  :(

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
That is why I am never in any hurry to upgrade or anything like that.  Even operating systems.  I am still running Windows XP and happy.  Glad I never went Vista but even though Windows 7 is pretty good, I hear that 8 is getting ready to come out.  I\'m in no hurry.  In a few months, I will be on Philippine time.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
Quote from: \"titomojo\" post=47462
Have sub zero San Miguel Pale Pilsen or Light Kapatid! on me... Your doin a great job!!!

Thanks Tito Mojo!   :)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 02:27:16 AM »
Quote from: \"Gray Wolf\" post=47461

I\'m about ready to call in the cavalry to deal with some of these things.  Maybe Rufus has some ideas.  Whattaya say Ruf?  Got any ideas, suggestions or maybe a cold brew?   :P

I got no ideas...
I haven\'t really noticed any problems.
That could be cuz I have my display set to show last post first, or I just haven\'t paid that much attention.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 03:28:50 AM »
Quote from: \"RUFUS\" post=47472

I got no ideas...
I haven\'t really noticed any problems.
That could be cuz I have my display set to show last post first, or I just haven\'t paid that much attention.

I think some, not all, but some of the issues are because of personal settings and not necessarily the Forum configuration settings.  Only time will tell.  That, plus I\'m still learning about how this software works and no one is there to help me learn anything.  My \"advisor\" just tells me to do a Google search.   :unsure:   Yah, right.

Offline Lee2

• Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:14 AM »
I will tell you one better, I just went to edit my profile and it brings me to the index page instead of my profile. Below is the url it brings me to when I hit edit in my profile  :woohoo:    :(  you will notice the url has the word edit at the end of it but that is not where it takes me

http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/index/index.php/?do=edit
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:48 AM »
Quote from: \"Mr. Lee\" post=47474
I will tell you one better, I just went to edit my profile and it brings me to the index page instead of my profile. Below is the url it brings me to when I hit edit in my profile  :woohoo:    :(  you will notice the url has the word edit at the end of it but that is not where it takes me.

http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/index/index.php/?do=edit

I just tried to edit my profile a few minutes ago to see if it will do the same with me as to what Mr. has experienced and it did just that, it goes to the URL above when edit is clicked, not allowing me to the edit feature of my profile!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
I would guess that someone did some changes to the software a few days ago when all these problems started. Perhaps they should go back and undo those changes to get us back to the way we were :unsure: