Living in The Philippines > Relationships

Marriage in USA contrasted with it in Philippines

<< < (2/4) > >>

lost_in_samoa:

--- Quote from: Pelican on October 19, 2019, 10:18:41 AM ---the 'undying' love of a two month relationship
--- End quote ---

I met Ester through an old school pen pal club.  Magazine posting.  Courted her though snail mail.  We had very little face time.  A couple of years worth of slow motion thought sharing.

We just celebrated our 25th.

What you are describing is possible.  Unlikely, but possible none the less.   Falling in love is easy.  Staying in love is hard damn work.

So double check your package.  Which head is doing the thinking?   Then double check her to the best of your ability.

If your still game after that then all the best of luck to you.  Just remember it's the small things.   There is no such thing as trivial with a woman.  Especially a Filipina.

A foot rub on a Tuesday night will get you more mileage than all the gifts and flowers and bling.

Hope that helps.

Pelican:
Thanks one and all.  The proposition requested remains, '...me, plus American citizenship'???  She has daughter and brother in America, citizens of different states, apparently incapable of helping her.  The possibility of being primary in her life now seems, as someone stated,'... a crap-shoot.'  I needed your wise suggestions, even though painful.   

User444:
Red flag. With undying love, it shouldn't matter where you are married. I would spend at least 1 month with her person. Yup. You need to fly to meet her. Her brother and daughter are citizens of different states (like Alabama and Texas - US  citizens?). Why can't they petition for her? None of their acquaintances in the States are interested in this lady? It takes longer than a marriage visa, but it's still possible. A fiance visa will cost you several hundred dollars and take 6-8 months and you have to have met at least 1 time in person. There are plenty of young, childless women in the PH. Keep looking.   

M.C.A.:
Probably would be undying love if in the Philippines but bad news if you move to the US... I'd rethink this relationship it's already off to bad start or even worse you'll be stuck with a high maintenance woman.  So does she have a maid or special assistant (slave) also?

FastWalk:

--- Quote from: Pelican on October 20, 2019, 11:16:37 AM ---Thanks one and all.  The proposition requested remains, '...me, plus American citizenship'???  She has daughter and brother in America, citizens of different states, apparently incapable of helping her.  The possibility of being primary in her life now seems, as someone stated,'... a crap-shoot.'  I needed your wise suggestions, even though painful.   

--- End quote ---
If her daughter is a US Citizen,  she can petition the mom and it does not take for ever.. brothers and sisters are another thing.  There are expenses however....

It can be ok,  but look really close at everything.   If you have the means to do it,  go spend some more time with her in PH.   Also... depending on your situation and abilities there are thousands of girls in the Philippines that will be happy to choose you most likely,  especially if the deal includes US Citizenship and marriage that results in legal claim to your money if divorced.  There are some really good girls and bad ones.  The point is that the choices are much more than one...

After getting to the US,  she can just run away and go find her other relatives to live with.  Not saying that will happen,  but it can and does sometimes.  There is nothing about being from the Philippines that makes girls any more honest than other places...

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version