Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: BI TO OPEN OFFICES AT 28 ROBINSONS MALLS  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: BI TO OPEN OFFICES AT 28 ROBINSONS MALLS
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
The statement that caught my attention was Robinson's will provide the space at no charge to BI. Just to be devils advocate can we assume to see an overhead fee included in our cost to renew? We already pay express service fees even when you're the only one in the office which has been my case several times at SM North. Food for thought. Or will they start reducing fees. Should we take a vote here or leave it alone?
I just did my 4th and last 6 month tourist 9(a)visa extension to it's 24 month limit under the provision of the BB Program today at our Sta Rosa, Laguna BI local field office.
They told me that Robinson's Mall reneged on their promise to provide free lease space, I don't know about the other 27 purposed locations though, but our own local BI office will still relocate their office after a few months from now near our Sta Rosa City Hall and of course continue to lease their building. :-[ ::)   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:24:38 AM by Art, a re(tired) "Kano" aka a Fil/Am on paper »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 07:26:04 AM »
I heard from our British Embassy warden yesterday that there is still a plan to open the BI offices in Robinson's and also the renewal of Philippine passports.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:52:11 PM by Gray Wolf »

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
Art,

The BI satellite office in Robinson's Dasmarinas is scheduled to open 14 or 15 Aug, will advise of status then.  I was also at the Santa Rosa office yesterday about 10 am, picking up my ACR-I card.  Did not see a grey haired retired Fil-Am. ;)

Chuck
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:35:17 AM by bigrod »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »
We left around 10 a.m. yesterday. Sorry we miss ya! Next time let me know when you're in the vicinity so we can grab a cup of coffee or lunch at King Bee's just waking distance from our house! How did you get to our local BI field office yesterday?   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:26:30 AM by Art, a re(tired) "Kano" aka a Fil/Am on paper »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
Sorry I missed you also.  Went with one of my USA a neighbors to the HLRUB Regional Office in Calamba first to file some paper work against our subdivision developer for not complying with the law in regards to providing advertised amenities and other violations.  We then proceeded home via Tagaytay.  Stopped at Santi's Deli between Tagaytay and Silang to look at their products.  Great selection of European cheeses and meat products(salami, mortadella, sausages, etc.), canned and bottled products, wines, other spirits, good selection of Barilla pasta.  Bring lots of cash nothing is cheap there, and some things were outrageous.  Examples:  Marsala wine 1ltr btl 1330 php, package of 6" flour tortillas(looked locally made) frozen 405 php.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time