Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: 13 (a) VISA from US.  (Read 3180 times)

Offline mwheeler311

13 (a) VISA from US.
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »
I got my 13(a) in the US, received it yesterday. It was issued on 20 June 2014 and has expiration date of 19 June 2015. Does this mean it is a probationary visa, or just that I have one year to travel to the Philippines?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:15:59 PM by mwheeler311 »

Offline mwheeler311

Re: 13 (a) VISA from US.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »
To answer my own question, haha. I picked up my ACR-I card today at Itramuros. It is a permanent VISA. I asked the lady at the BI about the one year expiration on the VISA sticker in my passport. She said my ACR-I card is now my VISA, and it is permanent. The sticker VISA in the passport is valid for one year, which means you have one year to get to the Philippines and get your ACR-I card.

I was worried about this. I heard from a number of people that 13 (a) visas accomplished in the US, are now one year probationary visas, same as when you do it in the Philippines. Happy to report it's not true.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
Some day a bright person will do out here a full list of visa types and codes with a short (very) explanation of what each means. Just a simple database listing the codes etc. Like many here I just can't get my head around all the alternatives!  :-\ ??? :( :'(
It's the age thing!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:46:18 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 02:53:24 PM »
Some day a bright person will do out here a full list of visa types and codes with a short (very) explanation of what each means. Just a simple database listing the codes etc. Like many here I just can't get my hear around all the alternatives!  :-\ ??? :( :'(
It's the age thing!
This website might help you understand the differnet types of Philippine visas: http://yourphilippinevisa.com/types-of-philippine-visas
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:04:01 AM »
Some day a bright person will do out here a full list of visa types and codes with a short (very) explanation of what each means. Just a simple database listing the codes etc. Like many here I just can't get my head around all the alternatives!  :-\ ??? :( :'(
It's the age thing!

Try this:

http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=49345.new#new
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH