Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Can a foreigner living in the philippines, on a 13a buy, and carry a gun?

(1/9) > >>

vaportrail:
I have been wondering about the gun laws here in the Philippines. I see plenty of heavily armed security guards, all over the place, but don\'t know how the gun laws pertain to me. I carried guns for many years, in the US, but never really lived in an area as dangerous as Manila.

:

--- Quote from: vaportrail on May 31, 2008, 03:26:03 PM ---I have been wondering about the gun laws here in the Philippines. I see plenty of heavily armed security guards, all over the place, but don\'t know how the gun laws pertain to me. I carried guns for many years, in the US, but never really lived in an area as dangerous as Manila.

--- End quote ---

The simple answer is no, a foreigner cannot own a gun, but a Filipina wife can. If you feel the need to have one then you will have to teach you wife to shoot  ;D Personally I don\'t think they are necessary, but then I come from the UK where we don\'t carry guns.

Colin

vaportrail:
Thanks for your reply Colin. Do you also live in Manila?

:

--- Quote from: vaportrail on May 31, 2008, 08:56:18 PM ---Thanks for your reply Colin. Do you also live in Manila?

--- End quote ---

We rented in Ayala Alabang, Manila for 1 year but that had excellent security. We now rent in Puerto Princesa Palawan and in an area surrounded by plenty of poorer people, but feel perfectly safe. We naturally have good security on the house, but I can walk anywhere on my own without problems.

Colin

RUSTYWATTS:
 i spent 24 years of my carreer carrying  a gun or 2 in the u.s. ive had large collections of every imaginable kind , i still enjoy shooting, but in my four years here in the philippines ive never pondered the thought of needing a gun.
  sure there are some places just like america that are dangerous,  and just like in the states i avoid those types of areas and situations here.
  you can search the news and history here for stories of foreigners involved in and winning gun battles, you will be hard pressed to find happy endings.
  having a gun here is a bit of a false sense of security because once you draw and point it at a filipino , your happy life in paradise here is likely going to be at an end.
    you would find yourself looking down the business end of many guns in the hands of angry people who see you as an outsider shooting at a local, and those who carry guns here i assure you wont hesitate to to veiw you as some unknown strange white guy with an illegal gun shooting at his or her fellow countrymen.
   if you want to carry a gun  stay in a country where its legal.
 HAVING ONE IN YOUR HOME HERE FOR INTRUDERS WHO COME IN THE NIGHT  IS DIFFERENT.... but trust me, KEEP IT INSIDE YOUR HOUSE.

just my opinion... Rusty in bohol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version