Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Life and Other Insurances

Tricare and insurance for veterans

(1/1)

Pelican:
I hope this question has not been asked before or that it is so simple it insults you, but as I understand it I don't qualify for any type of Tricare benefits because I served only 9 months overseas with an honorable discharge.  A quick, kind, answer would satisfy me.  Thanks.

bigrod:
If you or a family member serves in the U.S. military or retired from the military, you may be eligible to receive health insurance through TRICARE.

Chuck

Lee2:
I am not former military but here is some information I found online that might help you to contact them to see if you are entitled.

TRICARE Select Overseas

TRICARE Prime Overseas

Using TRICARE For Life Overseas

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:

--- Quote from: Pelican on June 12, 2018, 11:57:00 AM ---I hope this question has not been asked before or that it is so simple it insults you, but as I understand it I don't qualify for any type of Tricare benefits because I served only 9 months overseas with an honorable discharge.  A quick, kind, answer would satisfy me.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Since you are not retired military, the only benefits you maybe eligable for would be VA benefits with service connected disabilities and the PRA's Special SRRVisa (with only a $1,500 security deposit) for ex-military members even if only served a few months with any branch of the military.
Also you can avail an indiviual PhilHealth Plan if a permanent resident here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version